Company is a high energy, rapidly growing technology and services provider that is changing the way companies conduct business.
Company’s Software and Technology segment is responsible for incubating and launching market disruptive solutions that apply our core technologies and intellectual property including business process optimization platforms, advanced decision models, consumer sciences and business intelligence systems into market-leading software applications and services.
This is an opportunity to become a critical member of one of Company’s incubated software technology start-up organizations and to participate in the development and launch of a new product concept. We are looking for top candidates who are passionate about creating great software that delivers significant market value. This is the opportunity to work among some of the industry’s top names working on some of the most challenging technical problems.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Product Management, the Product Manager will have responsibility and ownership over part of Company’s software product including product definition, requirements analysis, iteration planning, competitive benchmarking and product representation in client / marketing activities. This is a leadership position with matrix management responsibility of the Product Management teams.
- Lead cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, operations, marketing and other key stakeholders to define, develop and implement a market-leading vendor management solution
- Develop and tune overall long-term product vision and strategy based on continual assessment of internal, market research, competitive and customer data
- Evangelize product and becoming subject matter expert for internal audiences, external clients and market facing communications
- Develop and prioritize new product and change requirements to meet changing market and competitive needs
- Developing marketing collateral materials, sales support demos and white papers
- Provide pre-sales and marketing support on product sales
Key Result Areas:
- Grasp product concept quickly to spearhead usability enhancements and interface design
- Author detailed product requirement specifications for engineering team in an agile development environment
- Organizing product requirements, bug fixes and other enhancements into a cohesive product plan and communicating plan to organization and senior leadership
- Managing product development timelines, production cycles and client implementation deadlines
Qualifications & Experience:
- This position requires 3+ years product management experience in the enterprise software development industry. Preference will be given to candidates with considerable experience in technologies that manage complex business processes.
- BA/BS Degree, in Computer Science, or technology related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration is an added advantage
- Strong ability to translate customer requirements managing complex business processes into clear, compelling, repeatable, easy-to-use software capabilities Experience in acting as a product owner role in an agile development environment
- Solid understanding of software architecture such as SOA and experience working with the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross function teams without direct authority.
- Experience leading product development team with Agile methodologies
- Experience leading software interface usability and interface design
- Strong technical background with demonstrated fluency in n-tier Java application architectures, key database, application server and web technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with multiple work streams and deliver to tight timelines
- Self-directed, with a passion for building highly successful products in high-growth markets
- Experience working with global engineering organizations preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience representing company and product as subject matter expert with clients, sales prospects, and marketing events
- Experience authoring clear, compelling marketing and sales collateral to support product a plus
- Previous experience in vendor management or BPM system a plus