Do you want to deliver high quality software that gets installed into production on a monthly basis? Litle & Co. is seeking enthusiastic senior and principal level software engineers who take pride in solving real world business problems.
Litle & Co. is the provider of a leading payments management platform, catering to merchants who sell goods and services directly to consumers. The key to our quality of service is our underlying technology platform, which is developed and supported in-house. Using superior technology combined with practical thinking, we are able to rapidly develop the features our clients need without compromising on reliability. If you want to gain experience expanding a production platform and maintaining a high-volume transaction processing system, then this is the team for you.
The Production Architecture Engineer takes an overall view of Litle’s technology platform, working with the core Java application code and our Linux, network, and database teams to build an integrated system that delivers high levels of scalability, performance, and availability. Our new colleague will play a pivotal role within the Engineering department to deliver a performant, reliable, and scalable platform.
This person will be a Software Engineer first and foremost, and as part of our Production Architecture team, will lend his/her expertise to site-wide performance and capacity projects. He/she will also work cross-functionally with several teams to ensure optimal operation and growth of our computing resources, from both a cost and technology perspective. We are looking for a developer who knows multiple programming and scripting languages as well as multiple approaches to programming, such that when appropriate, he/she can move swiftly between object-oriented languages and a functional language such as Erlang or Tcl.
As a key member of our team, you will:
- Use your expertise in object-oriented programming and quickly pick up the appropriate language or scripting technology needed for different projects
- Work across multiple disciplines (Linux, network, database, engineering, security) to develop a scalable, reliable, and highly available platform that supports our growing business
- Help develop and deploy monitoring tools to provide a holistic view of the different layers of the application stack
- Utilize extreme programming procedures and practices to rapidly develop and deploy your technical solutions
- Work in a fast-paced environment, contribute to multiple projects at the same time, and demonstrate an ability to support other projects that require your assistance
- Quickly triage problems, find their root causes, and develop or suggest fixes in a complex system
- Gain domain expertise in all aspects of e-commerce payment processing
- Help create and maintain a production simulation environment where we can answer key questions about proposed solutions and scenarios
Prior Experience Must Include:
- Developing large-scale applications with high demands on performance, uptime, and scalability
- Core expertise in Enterprise Java development or similar language/environment
- Driving and coordinating projects with different parts of an IT organization
- Experience working with, selecting, and integrating 3rd party tools such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, middleware or database replication, monitoring tools, etc.
- Successfully presenting technical information/solutions to your peer group and getting buy-in from stakeholders
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Fluency in OO design and development with Java, C++, or C#
- 6+ years of Enterprise technologies and middleware experience, e.g., RMI, JMX, JMS, EJB
- Experience with development, deployment, monitoring, and support in SaaS (Software as a Service) environments
- Experience working with multi-site systems, including disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Experience with high-volume transaction processing and scaling distributed systems
- Experience working with Linux and/or Unix environments, tuning and scripting
- Experience working with Oracle Coherence is a plus