Challenging entry level software application development position at a small, established company with the opportunity to use and learn a variety of related skills.
Primary responsibilities include developing Microsoft Windows applications, web applications and web services using Microsoft Visual Studio along with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. This will include adding functionality to existing applications, developing new applications and converting Visual Basic 6 applications to Visual Studio.
- Must be familiar with user-interface and information architecture principles utilizing the following software packages:
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Should be able to work directly with others designers and developers in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Should be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously under light supervision.
- Should possess strong conceptual skills, a meticulous eye for detail and be able to take responsibility for a project from inception to completion.
- An understanding of object-oriented analysis and design methods.
- The ability to code SQL statements, including complex joins, views, and stored procedures.
- Should be articulate, have excellent problem solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Education should include a B.S. in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent.