· With direction responsible for coding, testing, debugging and documenting in-house developed or purchased business applications. Complies with all standard practices, procedures and policies governing principal duties and responsibilities.
· Has responsibility for ensuring that all development in a given platform meet the specifications in terms of business requirements, application design, and infrastructure requirements.
· Contributes to estimates for software development and delivery to ensure quality and accuracy.
· A working knowledge of the development/project life cycle, and the ability to interface effectively with various technology partners.
· Works with technical partners to define product development tasks and estimates and proactively identify and resolve issues..
· Ensure new development that influence the technical investment of the platform conforms to architectural standards.
· Provides code level expertise to development teams working from various locations on application development processes, technical architecture, and systems integration.
· Responsible for presenting solutions and participating in code reviews.
· Contributes to the design phase of development projects including providing input into detailed design documentation.
· Responsible for compliance to coding standards.
· Considers capacity planning and performance tuning in development projects.
· 2+ years of technical experience or equivalent preferred. Requires knowledge and understanding of applications systems design and integration with an understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
· 2+ years experience in analysis and programming of a complex nature plus 3+ years experience as a Programmer Analyst preferred.
· 2+ years of related work experience in software development with a proven ability to lead projects through design, coding, testing, implementation, user training, and maintenance preferred; and
· Work experience in the transportation industry preferred.
· Intermediate level knowledge of a majority of the following technologies:
-Visual Studio .NET 3.5/4.5
-Microsoft WPF Development
-Microsoft WCF Development
-MVC Web Development
-Service Oriented Architecture