The Project Designer is responsible for producing neat and accurate shop drawings, as well as providing assistance with technical questions, both with company staff and for customers of the company. The Project Designer will work regularly with plant production scheduling staff with issues pertaining to assigned projects. The Project Designer is as well required to communicate on a regular basis with customers, owners, Architects, Engineers of Record, General Contractors, Project Manager and Job Superintendent with issues pertaining to assigned projects.
- Coordinate shop-drawing output for projects assigned too and as well assure timely submittal of shop drawing to production for on-time delivery.
- The Project Designer will ensure neatness and accuracy of all shop drawings produced for the company.
- Provide feedback to Project Design Supervisor on the workload and shop drawing status of projects assigned.
- Work with customers, Architects, Structural Engineers, Owners and Contractors on the telephone and/or in person when they have questions about shop drawing details or revisions or shop drawing status.
- Coordinate revisions as necessary for submittal to customers (jobsite visits may be required).
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Stong AutoCAD design experience required, SolidWorks is a plus.