syncreon Holdings Ltd., is a global logistics leader providing a full line of specialized logistics services and supply chain solutions to a variety of global industries. syncreon is currently seeking an experienced and talented Project Engineer for our Fremont, CA facility.
Develop full-scale Engineering project plans and associated communication documents. Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to Engineering Manager. Work closely with cross functional teams and assist with the pricing, scheduling, and technical performance of programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Investigate facts and assist with the development of solutions to problems during the design and planning phase.
- Create all necessary flowcharts, GANNT charts and other project report mechanisms as needed.
- Identify all required Equipment & Services, with associated costs (Capex).
- Calculate the Direct Headcount to support the business based on forecasted volumes from the client and process activities.
- Develop the timescales, costs and resources (Direct Headcount) needed.
- Review, analyze and document project scope from a process & engineering perspective.
- Identify and resolve all engineering and process related issues with the Project Team.
- Proactively identify potential risks/issues, and devise contingency/mitigation plans.
- Ensure product improvements and changes are seamlessly communicated and executed with the equipment manufacturer.
- Execute according to the project scope, goals and deliverables that support business.
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers for process equipment and services.
- Ensure each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards.
- Report regularly on progress to the client and Engineering Manager.
- Confer with Management, Project Team and customer, to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Develop and propose product design and changes. Liaise with sub-contractors on a regular basis to ensure work is completed according to design specifications. (Green Field Projects)
- Manage project scope changes. Lead kickoff and regular project status meetings.
- Document exceptions and communicate issues and risks to the rest of the organization. Facilitate review and acceptance of vendor handover documentation.
- Willingness to extensively travel and work with global companies during various time zones.
Exceptional computer skills in MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCad with the ability to build presentations;Demonstrable Project / Program Management with experience in Green Field projects;Exceptionally strong communication skills and a data-driven analytical approach toward solving complex challenges;Ability to communicate and manage project priorities and technical resources with project stackholders, foster relationships w/multiple partner-teams, and/or vendors;Ability to identify opportunities for and drive cross-functional process improvements;Must have a "whatever-it-takes" attitude using diplomatic leadership skills within a collaborative teamwork environment to accomplish the necessary results;Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with an understanding of budgetary controls;Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Flexible during times of change;Strong technical background with an understanding of IT systems and network infrastructure;Exceptionally self-motivated, directed, and detail-oriented.
- CDesign, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical) in a Manufacturing / Logistics setting;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a Lean Manufacturing background;