Get new similar jobs by email for
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents of the U.S.
The company has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer at their manufacturing facility located in Chicago area. This position provides process design expertise, project management support, and complete project implementation on small to medium size capital projects ($10K-$500K budget) for the plant. This position is responsible for all aspects of project management from conceptual scope development, detailed design, management of the design team, construction supervision, and leading the start-up, commissioning, and training activities. Execution of projects must be executed safely, timely and cost effectively. This position also assists in the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and infrastructure reliability efforts of the plant by providing design input to reliability and maintenance projects as well as providing support to root cause failure analysis teams.
- BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree required.
- 2+ yrs experience as project engineer in chemical plant or 5 yrs in related capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of organization.
- Manage and motivate mechanics/contractors.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to complete multiple assignments on budget /schedule with minimal supervision.
- Organized, systematic, independent and self motivated with a strong drive to reach goals and produce results.
- Demonstrate project management experience/familiarity with project management techniques.
- Chemical plant process design expertise (equipment sizing, selection, efficient layouts, engineering calculations, heat loads, ergonomic considerations, etc.)
- Ability to participate/lead design team.
Manage project schedules, costs, contracts, contractors