Get new similar jobs by email for
· Train, supervise and evaluate Foremen, Operators and Laborers
· Reinforce company policies, culture, values and work ethic to all employees
· Work with Human Resources to identify and accomplish appropriate training for Superintendents, Foremen, Operators, and Laborers
· Obtain appropriate licenses and certifications in pursuit of company goals
· Review safety procedures with Foreman and perform Jobsite Inspections to be turned in to the Safety Director
· Ensure tool box safety meetings are occurring and sign-in sheets are turned in to the Safety Director
· Review project schedules with Project Managers to determine priorities
· Review weekly production with Project Managers and communicate this information to their Foremen
· Develop short and long-range manpower requirements to meet project schedule and budget
· Participate in the weekly Operations Meeting to communicate manpower and equipment needs to other MIDASCO Superintendents
· Monitor equipment maintenance on site through spot checks and field visits ensuring that DVIRs are being done accurately and timely
· Assess needs for rental equipment and review with PM
· Schedule subcontractors if required.
· Schedule and coordinate boring crews and Technical Managers as needed.
· Review long range material needs and deliveries with Foreman and PM
· Receive and review Foreman’s daily reports
· Check reports for proper cost codes, contract item numbers, quantities, labor, equipment and rental equipment reporting
· Monitor Labor Performance Reports weekly and compare with budget. Review with PM and communicate with Foremen
· Receive material delivery tickets from Foremen and forward to PM.
· Ensure that daily work is inspected by G.C./Owner and recorded for payment
· Enforce all of the above for any subcontractors on site
· Contact PM on a daily basis with current jobsite status
· Review details, shop drawings, and specifications with Foremen prior to start of work
· Confirm that materials and installation meet the details and specifications and that the items and / or job are complete
· Recognize potential change orders and coordinate with PM for tracking, coding and follow up with owner / GC.
· Advise G.C./Owner of our work schedule based on 3 week schedules and long term planning
· Set up MOT requirements with G.C./Owner as required to meet project needs
· Inform G.C./Owner of any changed conditions or conflicts that affect Midasco’s work
· Coordinate G.C./Owner support with our work (clearing, erosion control, stakeout, MOT, soil disposal)
· Maintain a positive working relationship with G.C./Owner
· Place Miss Utility calls and make sure we have clear tickets prior to dispatching crews.
· Visits the jobsites prior to dispatching crews to make sure the work is ready and to check for potential problems (overhead lines, obstacles, confined areas, severe slopes, etc) before the crew arrives.
· Is available by phone at all times when he/she has a crew working.
· Must have State DOT Medical Certification
· Must be Work Zone Certified and or MOT Certified
· Must be OSHA 30 HR Trained
· Must be First Aid / CPR Trained
· Must be Sub-Part P Excavation Trained
· Must be Rigger and Signal Person Trained
· Must be Confined Space Trained
· Graduation from a standard senior high school, or equivalent, and a minimum of 7yearsin MIDASCO related specific experience; AND
· Any equivalent combination of training and experience that includes operation of, but not limited to backhoes, skid loaders, mini excavators, boom trucks and as they pertain to MIDASCO’s work
· Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the state.
· Recommended that they have a CDL A or B prior to becoming a Superintendent. (The only exception for not obtaining a CDL would be due to medical restrictions or equivalent personal issues.
Midasco, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free work place.