Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
For Pennsylvania MENTOR Network, a Program Supervisor is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Program Supervisor role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Pennsylvania MENTOR is seeking a Program Supervisor in Lehigh, PA to provide case management reviews and case supervision. This individual will supervise assigned staff and support the development of and oversee the implementation of service plans.
- Provides case management reviews and case supervision. Participates in the review and matching of new clients.
- Develops and ensures implementation of individual program plans and daily schedules for all consumers. Monitors adherence to treatment plans. Regularly reviews clients records to monitor home visits. Monitors all contractual, local and corporate mandates.
- Oversees clinical and crisis management and investigates internal incidents as required.
- Facilitates communication with family members, case managers, state agencies and state/corporate offices to ensure the confidentiality of consumer and personnel related information.
- Coordinates daily operations of work sites to ensure consumer safety and programming needs are met. Establishes on-call duties and supervises on-call staff.
- Promotes and markets programs to funding sources, community agencies, families and related groups. Monitors the availability and efficacy of community-based and other supports required by the program.
- Ensures that all records are accurate, up to date, and in compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Provides leadership including direct supervision of staff; implements Network employee practices; ensures safety and workers' compensation initiatives are followed; and ensures employees receive appropriate orientation and training.
- Completes purchasing of program supplies and submits billing compliance documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.