ZERO Manufacturing is a leading manufacturer and supplier of ruggedized cases. Our high performance enclosures are know world-wide, and are used in commercial, industrial and military applications. We have an immediate need for a Purchasing Supervisor
The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for establishing and maintaining supplier relations for raw materials, product, equipment, and services for Company related purchases. Supervises all personnel within the purchasing department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops commodity strategies in conjunction with quality, engineering, and manufacturing departments that lead to measurable year over year cost reductions.
- Develops proactive quality standards that support the AS9100 certification and and dock to stock initiatives.
- Trains and assists Buyers to negotiate price, delivery and service levels with current and potential new vendors for the purchase of raw materials, products and services for the Company.
- Implements and maintains procedures for procuring materials and services.
- Partners with suppliers to achieve uninterrupted supply and optimum cost and quality
- Trains and assists buyers with production planning and other internal departments to ensure materials, services and suppliers are available to meet production schedules.
- Recommends contracts with suppliers, develops new supply sources.
- Maintains current catalogs, price lists, vendor information and related information for reference.
- Works closely with sales and PC to link forecasts to purchasing and inventory management.
- Identifies and implements strategies for cost reduction and containment.
- Directs the Qualification and Certification activity of suppliers, including education of Company requirements.
- Primary responsibility to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance directly related to the purchasing of raw materials, products and services for the Company.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, contract agreements, business periodicals, prints, RFQ’s, etc.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with suppliers or employees in person or by telephone.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems, both strategic and tactical, involving several variables in varied situations – and meet the timeline associated with each situation.
- Knowledge of international procurement (L/C, custom procedures, on-site inspections, etc.)
- Knowledge of Government Contracting regulations (DFAR, RoHS, etc)
- Knowledge of various contract formats, their application, and their legalities.
- Computer utilization skills, including PC based programs.
- Knowledge of MRP functions and techniques as related to purchasing of raw materials and components.
- Ability to negotiate contractual agreements with suppliers.
- Ability to manage and lead direct reports effectively.
- Purchasing leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of overall financial concepts of the Company.
- Ability to effectively evaluate performance of suppliers and employees.
- The ability and skills to establish and maintain priorities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree from four-year college and 5-7 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ZERO MANUFACTURING IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
This position is located in or North Salt Lake Facility.