Duties: * Determines quality and reliability standards by studying drawings and formulas; verifying specifications with engineering staff.
* Identifies raw material condition by collecting materials samples; conducting inspections and physical tests of materials.
* Identifies in-process product condition by collecting samples during production process; conducting in-process inspections and physical tests.
* Determines disposition of finished product by collecting, classifying, analyzing, and interpreting production and quality data; judging product acceptability in comparison to specifications.
* Determines acceptability of rework by conducting inspections and physical tests of reworked product.
* Documents finished product status by recording and summarizing raw materials, in-process, and finished-product inspection and physical test data; updating quality assurance data base.
* Maintains product quality documentation system by writing or rewriting quality assurance procedures.
* Maintains quality assurance operations by following quality assurance policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Documentation Skills, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Operations Research, CAD, Quality Engineering, Quality Management, High proficiency with inspection tools and procedures, 2 plus years of CMM experience A MUST, some travel required.