Quality Assurance Manager
Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
"The people I work with are as passionate as I am."
"I came to Uline for a job. Instead, I found a career."
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. We're a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products. Our people make the difference.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our IT department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in IT quality assurance practices, Uline is the company for you.
Uline seeks a Quality Assurance Manager at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (south of Milwaukee).
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading and managing software quality management and application testing within the IT department. This includes collaboration, development, implementation and management of quality assurance processes, procedures, tooling and best practices.
Join us to experience why Uline has been designated with the Forbes 2015 America’s Best Employers award.
- Drive quality assurance (QA) and testing efforts within the IT Project Services team.
- Analyze and assess current QA and testing processes, practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to define and execute QA roadmaps and strategies.
- Develop, document and implement best practices, processes, operational activities and procedures.
- Establish and implement standards for documenting and communicating QA activities, testing activities and test results.
- Ensure measurable improvement of software quality by identifying, developing and implementing innovative QA capabilities, strategies, approaches and services.
- Define quality metrics and targets for assessment, measurement and continuous improvement of QA and testing effectiveness.
- Define, implement and manage a quality assurance and testing framework.
- Improve the efficiency, effectiveness and speed of quality assurance practices and testing activities through the identification and implementation of automated testing tools and procedures.
- Partner with project managers, development managers, project members, operations and support resources to plan, coordinate, execute and report QA and testing activities associated with software development projects, enhancements and production support.
- Initiate, plan, execute, manage and complete QA activities related to complex application and system implementation projects.
- Provide testing estimates for resourcing, levels of effort and timelines.
- Coordinate and manage holistic testing efforts for multiple projects and software releases, including integration, system, regression, performance and user-acceptance testing.
- Create and maintain test strategies, plans, scenarios and cases.
- Lead and manage test schedules, test environment management and configuration requirements.
- Establish and administer entry/exit criteria associated with promoting code through testing and production environments.
- Define and implement test data management practices, procedures and tooling.
- Partner with business analysts to ensure requirements are met and accurately tested.
- Provide input on go/no-go decisions for production releases.
- Recruit and manage QA department staff.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- Development background a must.
- 10+ years IT experience with significant experience in software development and quality assurance.
- 4+ years experience managing an organization's QA practice and/or department.
- 3+ years experience in automation testing and tools.
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall software development processes and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Understanding of QA and testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Understanding and experience with test automation frameworks, DevOps techniques and tools.
- Extensive experience planning, executing and managing integration, system, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Extensive experience associated with establishing and managing test environment structures, tools and release management processes.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Experience with a variety of technologies, platforms and development languages (AS400, Java, .NET, etc.).
- Experience with performance and load testing, reporting and monitoring.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous improvement environment.
- Understanding of supply chain and logistics preferred.
- Experience with the IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) platform, including Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM) and Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG) a plus.
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- State-of-the-art fitness facilities and gourmet cafeteria.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.
Please visit www.uline.com/jobs to learn more about our job openings and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please click the “APPLY” button to submit your resume for immediate consideration!