Report's to: On-site Senior Manager
The main responsibilities within the role of the Quality Assurance Manager will be to ensure the highest standards in accordance with regulatory, customer requirements and/or standards; continuously improve our quality reporting processes; to manage the department to ensure quality assurance results are maintained and produced in a timely manner; to control, review and challenge our quality associates (operations floor employees) on customer standards to ensure compliance by providing advice and support; ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and quality specifications; prepare quality inspection procedures and investigating and resolving quality problems; perform customer quality audits as required; manage and/or perform direct internal quality audits; act as liaison with customers on quality issues.
Job Overview/Purpose & Primary Duties
- Support the utilization of all ISO-9001, QS-9000, AS9100 and Quality Management System cost-effectively.
- Act in conjunction with Facilities Manager, as a technical contact on quality related issues for internal and external customers.
- Aid in developing Suppliers; reduce/eliminate receiving inspection.
- Aid in development and implementation of Quality Systems Documentation.
- Ensure that Quality Systems are maintained once implemented.
- Coordinate Quality Systems Management with the Plant Manager, Department Managers and Third Party Auditors.
- Fully support and work with every department, cross functional teams, intra-departmental teams.
- Perform 8D approach to addressing customer concerns, applying root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Be able to effectively measure process improvements, the progress of those teams working on their own, apply goals for and be able to meet those goals. Apply $$$ to cost reductions implemented.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma (all principles). Share responsibility and/or aid KPO in the implementation and sustainment.
- Working knowledge of APQP and PPAP; process flow maps/diagrams, FMEAs, control plans and measurement system evaluations in support of Quality Standard requirements.
- Investigate and document Customer Non-conformances and Corrective Actions.
- Keep Quality Documentation current with Corrective Actions (PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts, etc)
- Technical Support for internal departments and customers.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and operation systems.
- Capable of leading training classes Quality related topics.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Measuring and Test Equipment and Gauging practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Systems requirements including; policy, procedures, work instructions and
- Must be able to handle pressure, stress, deadlines, and work closely with co-workers, management, customers and vendors.
- Thorough understanding of potential failure mode's for company product lines.
- Extensive knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Good to excellent communication skills (verbal, written).
- Thorough understanding of Quality Assurance/Quality Control theory, procedures, practices.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring that they are working in a safe environment by reporting any safety violations or concerns to their supervisor.
Prerequisite including Education:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Quality in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Requires a BS, preferably in engineering.
- ASQ – CQE. Lead auditor a big plus.
- Six Sigma Training and/or Certification a big plus.