- · Perform visual inspections of components
- · Perform dimensional inspection of components utilizing prescribed instrumentation/equipment
- · Perform functional inspection of components
- · Record/Enter inspection results into designated computerized systems and logs
- · Evaluate inspection results vs specification
- · Draw raw material samples of component chemicals and deliver to lab
- · Gather, record and store retention samples of packaging components for future reference
- · Manage documents (e.g. component lot records, log books) with accordance with record retention schedules
- · Identify/tag non-inventory controlled supply items (e.g., consumables, PPE) that are approved for use in production
- · Determine which test to run by reading and interpret component packaging specification
- · Determine sample size and accept/reject criteria by operating an Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) Slide Rule
- · Verify that supplier documentation matches Supplier Purchase Description (SPD)
- · Coordinate with warehouse team to obtain lots for inspection or documentation
Uses testing equipment to check whether materials or products meet standards. Additional qualifications may include the ability to identify defects and flaws.
One or more years applicable Alcon experience or two or more years
external pharmaceutical, laboratory, or related industry experience.
Chemistry requirements - Independently plan and perform complex tests
using basic scientific instruments (balance, pH meter,
spectrophotometer). Comprehend and follows detailed written and oral
instructions and perform moderately complex mathematical calculations
(average, percentages, ranges). Compliance requirements - Must be able
to work independently, demonstrate dependable performance under
stressful conditions and possess excellent documentation and
organizational skills. Micro requirements - Thorough understanding of
aseptic technique; independently plan and perform complex tests using
highly sophisticated equipment (OASYS System). Materials Inspection
requirements - Basic math skills; demonstrate dependable performance
under stressful conditions.
High school diploma or equivalent. and 12 hours of college to include
one course in science, math, or computer science..
Astrix Software Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Astrix Staffing Division was founded with a distinctive vision and structure aimed at achieving two basic goals - to place our clients' interests first and to lead our profession in creating value for our clients through the recruitment of the highest quality human resources.
Astrix Consulting Division provides services in all disciplines of science, information technology and business operations. Dedicated to delivering projects on time and on budget, Astrix employs custom methodologies and processes based on industry best practices to guarantee project success. Astrix is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.