Get new similar jobs by email for
Quality Assurance Technician
The Essential Job Duties Do Include But Are Not Limited To:
· Performs daily pre-op inspection of all processing and welfare areas. Records results in pre-op forms.
· Monitors incoming raw materials with respect to temperature, labeling and condition. Records information on quality control sheets. Monitors incoming non-manufactured items for adherence to OSI specifications and records information on quality control sheets.
· Monitors and inspects repack and finished product items to insure conformance to OSI specifications. Records on quality control sheets.
· Performs daily inspection of operational sanitation practices, observes employee hygiene, product storage facilities, and evidence of cross – contamination. Notes deficiencies and corrective actions on quality control sheets.
· Monitors HACCP compliance on regulated products – choice production, cooked and marinated products. Takes appropriate action where necessary.
· Inspects returned product and determines disposition. Records on quality control sheets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum high school diploma; college experience preferred.
· Attention to detail and accuracy required in all aspects of the job.
· Effective communication skills.
· Data entry experience helpful.
· Must be able to work independently
· One year in meat processing experience, preferably in QA.