Get new similar jobs by email for
$3B division of major international manufacturer is seeking a Quality Manager who will provide expert advice, direction, and problem solving to unique, broad-based quality issues, ensuring Vendor Certification, Customer Certification and recognized international standards such as ISO standards. Is responsible to act as the Management Representative for the plant or to nominate a suitable designee to ensure system performance/adherence is a key driver in our business performance.
Position will support of $150M revenue stream with multiple product lines and large diverse customer base. Reports to the Plant Manager and have up to 5 direct reports including Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians.
The QM will act as the voice of the customer to ensure outgoing product quality exceeds customer expectations and internal processes are held to tighter capability than that required by our customer specifications. To achieve this, the incumbent must ensure that internal systems monitor process capability and we adopt the use of SPC in all applicable areas to ensure our statistical capability remains tighter than that of our customers’ requirements. (tolerance) In the event of a customer complaint this individual is responsible to manage the incoming complaint, aggressive correction action process and resulting feedback to the customer. In order to ensure customer satisfaction the complaint management process needs to be closely monitored to ensure a reliable root cause is defined and permanent corrective action is implemented in a timely manner to ensure satisfactory customer feedback
Responsible to lead the facility World Class Manufacturing implementation/output to ensure improvement targets (financial and metric based) are being achieved and the facility culture migrates toward a lean manufacturing model. In addition to leading the facility WCM activity, the incumbent will be expected to also initiate improvement events (Projects, Kaizens) to deliver improved operational performance through waste elimination and variation reduction. Develop and support WCM training curriculum for WCM Black Belts, WCM Green Belts and WCM Yellow Belts, train and coach the Black Belts and Green Belts at the plants.
Principal End Results:
1. Provide oversight and management to all quality systems ensuring that all parties follow specified processes/procedures and there is a continuous improvement effort to ensure system performance is driving improved customer satisfaction
2. Effectively implement all critical elements of the TS16949 system that are appropriate to the business to strive for a risk based, metric driven quality system.
3. Acts as the voice of the customer to ensure that any complaints are dealt with aggressively and that root cause is accurately defined, followed by the implementation of permanent corrective actions that sustainable
4. Initiates and implements necessary problem solving training for engineers and operators to assure effective use of the PDCA cycle to permanently correct defects or customer escapes.
5. Audits manufacturing process adherence to specified controls and notifies Value Stream teams/Plant Manager to out of control situations.
6. Provides acceptance specifications for all new products entering the business to ensure we have GR&R, process capability and adequate manufacturing instructions to support ongoing needs.
7. Implements (training too) statistical process controls as needed to ensure critical characteristics are monitored/controlled on an ongoing basis.
8. Monitors operational statistical capability to ensure manufacturing processes are under control and operating within specified tolerance limits.
9. Supports purchasing activity to qualify new vendors and assigns corrective actions to suppliers for quality/supply deviations.
10. Identifies unique and complex quality issues and evaluate potential opportunities. Define scope and approach to investigation and resolution of problems. Apply special skills and innovative approaches to the development of new or improved processes and procedures having broad application.
11. Effectively supports the plant in all aspects of World Class Manufacturing, Business Excellence program achieving budgeted savings in manufacturing costs reduction and other business KPIs through selection of strategic projects and Kaizen events and continuous monitoring.
12. Provide expert direction to WCM pillars and support Plant Manager in effectively leading the steering team to pursue the milestones established on the plant roadmap including the pursuit of WCM Bronze and ultimately WCM Silver
13. Provide expert direction and advice to other professionals in their areas of accountability.Train and coach the site management, Black Belts and Green Belts, project teams in various WCM topics.
14. Collaborate with other Quality and WCM managers in the company to identify best practices and opportunities for streamlined improvements.
15. Administer the Document Control System.
Nature and Scope:
· Drive continuous improvement in quality performance and customer satisfaction through the aggressive approach to World Class Manufacturing
· Strive for best in class Corrective Action processes to ensure quality is a top priority for the business and for day to day operations. We should not see the same complaint twice…
· Manage the ongoing capability (Cpk) of the site to ensure manufacturing processes remain suited to the products being made and the specifications required by our customers.
· Deliver significant operational, quality improvement and financial benefit across the manufacturing plant
· Align World Class Manufacturing initiatives and project objectives to business strategy, and prioritize projects.
· Support the recruitment of talent to develop and deliver training and certify WCM Black Belts.
· Train, coach and develop Black Belt, Green Belt, Yellow Belt resources assigned to projects related to WCM methodology.
· Provide leadership and coordination to major improvement projects. Ensure benefits are realized.
· Provide problem resolution point of contact for project leaders to offer technical or professional expertise.
· Collaborate with the peers to share best practices. Integrate best practices into WCM training curriculum.
· Coach site management in various WCM topics
· Lead multiple process improvement teams towards safety, risk prevention, low cost maintenance, manufacturing cost reduction, defect reduction, cost avoidance, loss reduction or revenue enhancement
· Partner with WCM leaders at the sites to develop, install and monitor a business process management system, including measurement tracking, reporting and correlation analysis
· Facilitate quality and change management processes; identify customer needs and key drivers to reach customer satisfaction goals with financial benefit
· Offer technical expertise and guidance in project reviews.
· Ensure open communication throughout all levels of the organization.
· Active member of the plant steering committee and QPC pillar owner
A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 8 years professional level experience with discrete manufacturing. Prefer experience with tight tolerance products that have been manufactured in a ISO or TS quality system environment
· 5 years of experience in Lean or Six Sigma,
· Working knowledge of WCM Pillar Management System and Efeso project routes also desirable
· Completion of multiple operational and/or transactional-related projects with demonstrated success and financial results manufacturing or service
· Technical competency in problem solving skills: 8D, VSM, 5 why, standard and advanced kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma concepts
· Experience coaching and delivering training at all levels of an organization
· Strong Lean experience
· Travel Required: 10%
Excellent opportunities for advancement.
Management Recruiters International Inc. (MRINetwork) is a leading executive search and recruiting organization with more than 700 offices in 40 countries worldwide. Each year, Management Recruiters places 45,000 candidates with our clients.
Founded in 1966 and consisting of five offices and fifty recruiters across New England, MRI The Boston Group is MRI´s oldest, largest, and most highly acclaimed member. The MRI Boston Group and our recruiters have won virtually every award in the recruiting industry. The quality and experience of our award–winning and nationally recognized "Executive Club" recruiters is unmatched in the industry – over 20 recruiters with an average tenure of 14 years with our company.
607 Boylston St.Boston, MA, Tel: 6172625050