Get new similar jobs by email for
REFINING PROCESS ENGINEER-TX,L...
REFINING PROCESS ENGINEER
A major petroleum refiner and marketer, has an opening for a Refining Area Team Process Engineer at its flagship refinery in Southern Louisiana near New Orleans. This refinery has received top awards from OSHA and the EPA for environmental and safety excellence and offers competitive wages and benefits.
This position will be responsible for monitoring unit operating performance, optimization, troubleshooting, and small project development.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
1. Monitor unit operating performance and make technical recommendations to optimize profitability.
2. Monitor catalyst parameters and make recommendations for changes.
3. Conceive and develop capital improvement projects.
4. Participate in HAZOPs and lead incident investigations.
5. Provide process data for environmental permitting requirements.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
1. A Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
2. A minimum of two years refining or process engineering experience
3. Proficiencies in Microsoft Office products and process simulation software.