Get new similar jobs by email for
Registered Nurse - Labor & Del...
RN - Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby Unit ( L&D )
The “Youngest City in America” with a booming economy…
THE SETTING - Jacksonville, NC
Onslow County is Americas fastest-growing county over the past five years, according to a federal agency that tracks economics.Onslow’s booming economy is fueled by Marines and sailors stationed at Camp Lejeune and New River Air Station, according to a recent report in the Charlotte Business Journal.The military, agriculture and tourism are the top three economic areas for North Carolina, which bodes well that they are also the top for Onslow County, she said.And Jacksonville is just 30 minutes from Emerald Isle and 55 minutes from historic Wilmington, NC, both favorite coastal resort destinations with pristine beaches and blue water.
CAMP LEJEUNE - Home of the Expeditionary Forces
Home of 180,000 active duty, dependent, retiree and civilian employee population, Camp Lejeune boasts 156,000 acres of state-of-the-art training facilities including 11 miles of beach for amphibious operations, 32 gun positions, 48 tactical landing zones and 80 life fire ranges. Some services available aboard Camp Lejeune include: childcare, shopping, education, family support, hunting and fishing, dining, boating and swimming.Some facilities on base include banks and credit unions, the commissary, the library, hobby shops, fitness centers, the beach, theaters and more.
From the supporting infrastructure, a tradition of excellence in doing day-to-day business has evolved. From environmental programs that include a state-of-the-art landfill and water treatment system to quality of life programs that ensure Marine families are taken care of, Camp Lejeune stands out as a superior military base.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but not limited to)
· Perform monitoring of 500 to 950 triage patients per month, including continuous fetal monitoring, spontaneous rupture of membrane check, labor check, prolonged monitoring, rule out pre-term labor, decreased fetal movement, and Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
· Perform monitoring of 210 inpatients per month, including continuous fetal monitoring, vital signs and assessment q15-60min and labor checks/cervical exams.
· Provide management of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension patients.
· Provide intravenous management (fluids, Pitocin, MGSO4, antibiotics and insulin)
· Perform lab draws.
· Provide pain management (monitor patient status on continuous laboring epidurals, intravenous narcotics, emotional support).
· Assist the provider with inductions (cervical ripening, artificial rupture of membranes, Pitocin).
· Perform vaginal delivery procedures (pushing, delivery, recovery).
· Assist the provider with operative vaginal delivery procedures (vacuum, forceps).
· Perform pre-op for c-sections (shave-prep, foley, intravenous bolus, emotional support).
· Perform procedures for transition of normal newborn (NRP as needed, bath, shots, assessment, breast feeding assistance).
· Provide stabilization for transport of high-risk patients. (MGSO4, dexamethasone, antibiotics, emotional support)
· Provide patient/family teaching.
· Support C-section deliveries as circulating nurse in the OR.
· Provide post anesthesia care for patients who have received epidural, spinal or general anesthesia.
· Provide comprehensive nursing care for obstetric and neonatal patients.
· Provide monitoring and management of the hemodynamic status of obstetric and neonatal patients.
· Provide intravenous management (fluids, Pitocin, antibiotics).
· Perform lab draws, obtain cultures and screenings.
· Provide pain management (monitor Patient status, intravenous or oral narcotics, emotional support).
· Provide patient and family teaching (postpartum care, newborn care, breastfeeding, circumcision discharge).
· Possess a minimum of one year experience in the past five years in a delivery suite.
· Possess current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification.
· Possess a minimum of one year experience in Maternal Child nursing