Milgard Windows is one of the United States leading manufacturers of quality vinyl, aluminum and fiberglass residential and light commercial windows and patio doors. Milgard is vertically integrated in its manufacturing process with glass tempering, vinyl extrusion and fiberglass pultrusion plants, along with over 14 window and door fabrication plants located throughout the U.S., with heaviest concentration of facilities in the West. Headquartered in Washington State, we anticipate continued market growth in the Western U.S., and tremendous expansion opportunities to serve Eastern U.S. markets. We are a high-growth industry leader with aggressive growth plans offering an excellent incentive-recognized compensation and benefits package, along with many career growth paths to pursue. As of 2001, we are proud to be part of the Masco Corporation family of companies with combined revenues exceeding $12 billion.
For more information about us, please visit our web site at www.milgard.com. Milgard Windows is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Receiving/Materials Supervisor oversees the Receiving Department and all the corresponding personnel. Assists and develops direct reports to achieve desired results. Direct responsibility for all department employees to ensure proper orientations, training, development, compensation and working conditions are present.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the material receiving activities to ensure materials received from supervisor match packing list for part, contain correct quantities, item are undamaged, and quality inspection is completed.
• Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of pickups/deliveries of waste material for recycling and to ensure compensation is received.
• Review Delivery and Production schedules in order to plan work activites, schedule appropriate personnel, balance loads and hit productivity (UPH) targets.
• Manage expense accounts for department personnel.
• Work extensively with inside sales representatives, production personnel, customer service, purchasing, and scheduling to ensure we experience no stock outs.
• Conduct cycle counting and variance analysis to maintain accurate inventory.
•Responsible for providing raw materials to production as needed to meet production schedules.
•Create and execute MPS objectives; meet MPS commitments and work within the guidelines of MPS.
• Reflect Milgard business values and Milgard Philosophy in all business interactions.
• Ensure safety of personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
• Track and verify all necessary equipment certifications are maintained and up to date.
• Coordinate equipment Preventative Maintenance for material handling equipment, crane, forklift and scales.
• Ensure material labeling and PI prep are completed and secure.
• Ensure accurate waste data for GAP tracking daily.
• Inventory variance root cause, as needed.
• Run WIP/Stock Cycle Count, as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
• Self Starter.
• High level of accountability for self and others.
• Strong computer and analytic skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience with KanBan.
• Previous experience with kitting.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
• Supervise Receiving Department and all associated personnel.
• Previous material receiving/handling experience preferred.
• Glass handling and/or glass knowledge a plus.
• High School diploma or GED required; some college preferred.
• Forklift, crane certification or ability to obtain certification required.
• Compute basic math problems to include fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to read a tape measure.
• Ability to count to 500.
• Ability to work in, and promote, a team environment.
• Ability to repetitively lift up to 60 lbs.
• Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
• Prolonged sitting and terminal use.
• Good hand eye coordination and the ability to discern colors.
• Hand dexterity and strength.
• Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
• Hearing protection and safety glasses required, additional safety equipment provided based on specific job.
• Work surfaces are primarily concrete with anti-fatigue mats provided where feasible. Personnel will stand while performing their respective job functions, for up to 13 hours a day.
• Employee is regularly exposed to vibration.
• Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock.
• Noise level in work environment is usually loud.
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
As a global leader in the manufacture of home improvement products and services, Masco Corporation presents many exciting employment opportunities in a variety of disciplines: manufacturing, operations, purchasing, sales and marketing, finance, information technology and more. And, if you're looking for geographic diversity, Masco's operating companies are located throughout the globe.
Temecula, CA 92590
Manufacturing - Other
- Job Category:
- Career Level:
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
- Reference Code: