The Record Retrieval Specialist is responsible for the end-to-end process of collecting records and any other associated documents deemed necessary by our clients. Specialists work within an assigned caseload of subjects, and are responsible for obtaining the records within the service level agreement contractually agreed upon with the client. The Record Retrieval Specialist is the primary point of contact with the record custodian.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
- Adhere to guidelines and procedures established by client SLA’s and project SOW’s in regards to record turnaround time
- Properly and timely process request orders from various sources including but not limited to: electronic direct orders, legal documents, e-mail orders, spreadsheet order forms, and/or Nurse Work products
- Working knowledge of the correct documents needed to assemble a request packet
- Conduct research via telephone, internet and other reference material to identify proper locations of custodians of records
- Confirm authorized letters of request have been received by custodians of records
- Conduct follow-up calls with custodians to ensure requested records are collected in a time frame consistent with SLA parameters
- Determine completeness of records and physical evidence received based upon parameters of request packet
- Follow-up with custodians on incomplete records, performing additional research if required
- Process invoices associated with obtaining records from custodians
- Conduct additional research from existing records to identify any additional record types and/or custodians to requires records from
- Train new staff members on the various steps in the record retrieval process
- Prioritize workload based on due dates and client SLA’s
- Escalate any issue to Team Leader and Project Manager that will prevent benchmarks from being met
- 1+ years experience in a call center/customer service environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Accepts responsibility for own actions & acts with integrity in all business dealings
- Passion for service excellence
- Ability to remain calm and effective in high-stress situations
- Ability to prioritize multiple duties and multi-task
- Intermediate MS Excel, Outlook, Word user
- General working knowledge of internet search engines and internet research
- Takes initiative/Self-motivated
- Excellent problem-solving
- Basic level understanding of financial management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, team environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and moderate.