Registered Nurses needed for a growing and team-centered home care setting! Comfort Home Care is searching for RNs for Springfield/Holyoke and the surrounding towns to provide in home services that promote optimum function and encourage independence. A variety of diagnoses, especially psychiatric diagnoses, and flexible schedule make this position desirable. Full time and per diem positions are available along with outstanding benefits. Come join our exciting team! Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply. Respond to this ad or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You can also visit our website at www.chcnursing.com.
Job Purpose: Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
Duties: * Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
* Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
* Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
* Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following company and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
* Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
* Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance