Get new similar jobs by email for
Regulatory Compliance, Quality...
Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Quality Manager (SRQ)
Brenntag is the worldwide leader in chemical distribution with over 130 years in business. We are currently seeking well qualified and professional candidates for an outside Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Quality Manager position based at our Los Angeles area location.
Summary: Under general guidance, performs a wide range of moderate to difficult activities. Coordinates, directs and maintains the company’s safety, regulatory compliance and quality programs. Makes recommendations and assists in the formulation of company objectives, policies, and plans as they relate to the business.
In this position you will be responsible for:
· Assist in ongoing development of quality, health, safety and environmental policy and guidance for the implementation of each.
· Conduct quality, health, safety and environmental audits to verify facility compliance with policies, procedures and governmental regulations, assist in formulating and implementing corrective actions.
· Audit facilities (e.g.: Hazardous Waste Facilities, Drum Recondition, etc.) to detect existing or potential quality/regulatory compliance concerns as well as accident and health hazards that may be detrimental to the Company. Recommend corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and assist in the implementation of corrective actions.
· Assist in the training of managers and other employees on new regulations, and other required training.
· Participate in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of materials and evidence for company’s use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
· Device, supervise and coordinate training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safety, quality systems, and regulatory compliance.
· Assist in the standardization of regulatory compliance/quality files and records for ease of use and auditing purposes.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and a minimum of 5 years work experience in the areas of safety, regulatory compliance and quality; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Be familiar with State and Federal regulations as well as recognized quality systems pertaining to the chemical distribution industry.
· Ability to interface with all levels of management and personnel in a professional manner.
· Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Occasional to moderate travel may be required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to read, write and speak the English Language
Our employees enjoy a great work environment and a very competitive compensation package. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays. Also included are flexible spending accounts, a defined contribution pension and a 401(k) plan, paid life insurance and long-term disability plans. Salary will be dependent on experience.
Qualified candidates only: If this position sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity to you, and you meet the qualifications, we look forward to hearing from you. Email your resume, including salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org write SRQ/LA in the subject line.
No phone calls please!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be currently authorized to work for a U.S. employer. All successful applicants shall be required to pass a background and physical/drug screening. E-verify participant.