This position offers an experienced engineer the opportunity to make major contributions in developing algorithms for our GPS/GNSS inertial navigation projects. This position requires a strong academic foundation, independent and team research abilities and flexibility to changing tasks and assignments. The ability to multitask across projects and a positive “get the job done” attitude is needed.
NAVSYS offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision plans, life and STD/LTD disability insurance, a 401K retirement plan, vacation and holiday leave, flexible hours and employee stock ownership.
This Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Write and test MATLAB code, algorithms and applications for our products
• Provide simulation, modeling and analytical support for product development
• Evaluate alternate/improved sensor processing algorithms to enhance system functionality
• Prototype software designs in MATLAB, transition to C++ code, and support demonstration efforts
The successful candidate must possess knowledge and skills, and 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
• Highly proficient programming skills in MATLAB and C/C++
• Knowledge of guidance & control navigation, satellite system operations (including fundamental aspects of HW, SW and algorithms) and knowledge of GNSS receiver architecture.
• Estimation theory and adaptive filters (e.g., Kalman filters, and Stochastic models)
• Statistical signal processing and adaptive signal processing
• Experience working with GPS receivers and inertial measurement units
The following knowledge, skills and experience is highly desirable:
• Experience with the implementation of algorithms using general purpose processors for real-time applications
• Spatial processing algorithm development
• Digital signal processing and systems
• Signal acquisition and tracking loops (PLL, DLL, FLL, MLE, KF)
• Digital communications and spread spectrum communications
Citizenship, Education, and Security Clearance
• U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
• MS or higher in Engineering (i.e., Aerospace, Software, Electrical, Computer), Physics, Mathematics or a related technical discipline; or a BS degree with advanced studies and 3+ years related experience
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
NAVSYS offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision plans, life and STD/LTD disability insurance, a 401K retirement plan, vacation and holiday leave, an educational assistance program, and employee stock ownership.
Founded in 1986 by Dr. Alison Brown, NAVSYS is an established, growing, and well-respected R&D firm breaking ground in GPS, inertial navigation and communications products. NAVSYS was the recipient of the prestigious 2007 SBIR Tibbetts Award and the 2008 AFEI Excellence in Enterprise Integration Award. NAVSYS offers a learning and development environment with access to cutting edge technology. Our main facility is located at the foot of the breathtaking Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado Springs, and we also have a facility located in Salida Colorado. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging, fast-paced environment, apply to join our team! NAVSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our company at http://www.navsys.com/ .
Please send your resume and cover letter describing your relevant experience and skills along with a salary history to: email@example.com