Get new similar jobs by email for
Residential Mortgage Underwrit...
Homestar Financial Corporation (HFC) is a stable and growing Residential lender. We are currently seeking an experienced Residential Mortgage Underwriter for our Corporate Office in Gainesville, GA..
In this role you will be responsible for:
1. Analyzing and evaluating all aspects of borrower credit, employment/income and asset profile. Make final decision on acceptance or decline of loan requests.
2. Analyze the Real Estate appraisal report and make a decision on information supplied to ensure that marketability and value of property are supported within the report.
3. Underwrite all conventional conforming and jumbo loans in accordance with investor guidelines.
4. Underwrite FHA/VA, state housing and specialty programs in accordance with requirements dictated by the Department of HUD; Veteran Affairs; and appropriate state housing agencies.
5. Ensure that HFC’s credit policy and procedures are adhered to and the product guidelines are followed.
6. Utilize automated underwriting systems as dictated by product and investor.
7. Ensure the accuracy of all necessary criteria for specific loan types, products, rates and fee structures.
8. Ensure that all credit and appraisal documentation meets the necessary requirements and are completed properly.
9. Review and underwrite all loan files in a consistent and timely manner.
10. Supports loan originators, sales managers and processing staff in structuring difficult deals.
11. Responsible for making counteroffers on loans that do not conform to products under which they were originated.
12. Communicates and explains loan suspensions to the processing staff.
13. Communicates numerous, consistent inadequacies in credit packages and appraisal reports received for underwriting review to the Mortgage Lending Operations Manager.
14. Determines the type of alternative documentation to be used in lieu of the standard requirements.
15. Review and approves all contingencies of underwriting in a timely fashion.
16. Maintains a positive working relationship with Mortgage Loan Originators, realtors, referral sources and other customers. Excellent Customer Service Skills required due to the fact you will speak with the Real Estate Agent or Borrower, often. Must meet performance standards and goals established by Homestar Financial Corporation.
Incumbents in this position would typically posses at least 3 to 10 years of Residential Underwriting FHA types are required. Must have recent pipeline with 50% being FHA loans. Capable of independently underwriting the most complex loans.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Read more about Homestar Financial Corporation below.
Headquartered in Gainesville, Georgia, Homestar Financial Corporation (HFC) began operation in April of 2002.
HomeStar has become a regional lender in the southeastern United States, licensed to conduct business in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. HomeStar’s leaders and employees are among the most knowledgeable and experienced industry professionals.
As an independent residential retail lender, HFC has greater control over each transaction and is able to quickly approve and close loans in house. In fact, we are able to fund loans that other lenders might deny.
HomeStar’s focus for today’s market has enabled us to experience dramatic growth. While other companies have been downsizing or even ceasing operation, Homestar has been successfully expanding operations and continually adding experienced loan officers and staff personnel.
Our loans officers are trained to carefully listen to the needs of each borrower, understanding the individuality of each transaction. Our goal is to provide the best mortgage program option available to meet the specific needs of each client.
HFC offers a variety of home mortgage solutions including USDA, FHA, VA, Conventional, Jumbo and Super Jumbo programs. This enables Homestar to provide a competitive loan that meets your unique needs.
HFC is focused on cultivating relationships with Realtors and Builders. As a result of our focus on purchase transactions, over 85% of the loans closed by Homestar in past 3 years were purchase transactions. Our loan volume has not followed interest rate trends, but continued a steady growth, regardless of the interest rate environment.