The Assistant Manager position works as a member of the restaurant management team to plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of the restaurant while adhering to the company’s operational standards; solid leadership, embracing our people culture, always serving impeccable food and perfect beverage, creating the perfect guest and team member experience, and maintaining a sanitary, safe, and spotlessly clean restaurant.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages all areas of the operations during scheduled shifts which include on-the-spot decision making.
- Possesses a strong understanding of all restaurant systems and operations.
- 100% interaction with the guest, ensuring that the guests’ needs are our main focus while enforcing standards for individual performance.
- Provides direction, coaching and feedback for all team members.
- Writes the front of the house weekly schedule.
- Coordinates training and ongoing development of team members.
- Ensures proper staffing levels by recruiting, interviewing and hiring talented team members.
- Communicates with the rest of the management team.
- Acts as support system for all areas of the restaurant.
- Maintains spotlessly clean and safe restaurant at all times.
- Ensures highest quality levels of products and hospitality.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required.
- College or Culinary Management degree preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years restaurant management experience as a Manager or Lead role
- Desire to lead, coach and mentor.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- A passion for food, and consistently delivering a great guest experience.