Get new similar jobs by email for
Room Attendant / Housekeeping ...
Join our Team!
Room Attendant Job Summary:
Here’s your opportunity to “Work on the bright side®”! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is searching for an individual who has an eye for cleanliness and takes pride in what they do. This position is primarily responsible for cleaning public areas, guest rooms and bathrooms. Other duties include stocking supply carts, room deep-cleaning projects and assisting with other duties as needed. Our Room attendants are measured by the amount of time it takes to complete their assigned rooms, the quality of their work and other company goals. The ideal candidate will be a flexible team player who wants to be the bright spot in our customer’s day. Other key duties include:
· Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen and terry in accordance to standards.
· Inspect room for repairs or fixtures that are not working properly, replace batteries, light bulbs, etc.
· Report request for repairs to supervisor or maintenance department in accordance with hotel procedures.
· After cleaning each room and bath, report room status to front desk.
If you are a hard worker who is detail oriented and have general knowledge of cleaning chemicals and how to safely use them, then this is your opportunity to grow and become part of the La Quinta family. Individuals with previous housekeeping or cleaning experience are preferred.
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to lift 25 – 50 lbs.
· Must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, twisting, bending, pushing/pulling and kneeling while cleaning.
· Strong attention to detail required.
· Must be able to follow written and verbal directions.
· Previous housekeeping or cleaning experience preferred.
· Must be flexible in hours and days worked.
· Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits: