Get new similar jobs by email for
Maintenance Manager- DC
Distribution Center is seeking a Maintenance Manager Sr., who, while reporting to the Distribution Center Manager, will oversee the daily activities of development and training for the distribution center maintenance department to ensure rapid response to departmental requests for repair or service. The Sr. Manager will also identify performance indicators, develop and communicate action plans for improvement and will be responsible for interior and exterior upkeep of distribution center facility and grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors and evaluates the overall performance of Rapistan and Sortview systems and equipment.
• Works closely with supervisors and team leaders to coordinate preventative maintenance programs and schedules to reduce or eliminate operational downtime.
• Coordinates with DC employees to make repairs or changes to systems.
• Identifies and manages department team assigned to respond to major catastrophes within the distribution center prepares and updates contingency plans.
• Identifies maintenance department performance indicators develops and communicates Productivity Improvement Plans to track areas identified for improvement.
• Participates on management team conducts departmental analysis to identify gaps and develops action plans for improvement.
• Reviews staffing vs operational plans on a daily basis adjusts staffing to meet DC needs.
• Collaborates with managers and supervisors regarding current and future infrastructures and mechanical buildings/facilities needs and to develop action plans.
• Coordinates multiple mechanical and facilities projects simultaneously.
• Reviews departmental strategic goals and sets performance goals.
• Monitors department budget on a weekly basis assists DC Manager in development of the yearly capital plan.
• Represents distribution center in business relationships with outside vendors, contractors and other third parties.
• Monitors facility compliance to OSHA standards and maintains safety manual.
• Represents distribution center in working with OSHA, DEA, FDA, FCC, and the Department of Health.
• Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to read blueprints, electrical, mechanical, and voice and data communication drawings, and various diagrams.
• Understanding of systems such as conveyor, sort view, graphical monitors, and rapid sort controller.
• Working knowledge of security and fire protection systems.
• Comprehension of conveyor system sortation reports, fire protection and security alarm reports, capital variance reports, and OSHA requirements/logs.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, autocad systems, and programmable logic controllers.
• Competency to develop the required skill set of the supervisor and technicians.
Work Experience and/or Education
• Extensive vocational training or college required.
• Two to five years’ experience as maintenance/facilities manager/supervisor preferred.
• Two to five years’ experience in an automated retail distribution center environment preferred.
• Experience in budget planning and tracking.
• Experience with high-speed sortation and conveyors in a computerized environment preferred.
FT with Fortune 500 Company. Pls send resume ASAP