SAFETY PROJECT COORDINATOR; Agricultural Food Manufacturer; IA
This privately held, family-owned business, ranks high amongst the world's leading producers of starch derivatives and is the largest producer of polyols (sugar alcohols) in the world; production facilities are located globally, and specialize in the processing of agricultural raw materials. Key markets include Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical, Industrial, Fermentation and Animal Nutrition. USA locations are in the Midwest.
The Safety Project Coordinator will be responsible for developing implementing and managing Safety & Health projects directed at installing a self-directed behavioral safety culture, improving safety performance ensuring current and anticipating health and safety compliance requirements moving RAI to chemical industry safety standards. This position requires candidates to demonstrate excellent team building, people management, and leadership skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, including face to face, written, and presentation, and excellent external and internal functional/ cross-functional communications skills. Reports directly to SH&E Department Manager; location: along the Mississippi River, where IA/IL/MO connect
· Coordinates and leads projects towards self-directed ‘Behavioral Based Safety’ (BBS), which includes developing and coordinating safety and health training programs.
· In accordance with OSHA regulations, identifies common safety and health hazards and establishes guidelines for protection against hazards.
· Monitors existing and potential safety and health concerns and recommends priorities for resolution.
· Develops plans and coordinates projects to ensure and enhance facility safety and health compliance, including but not limited to asbestos management, contractor safety and industrial hygiene programs.
· Maintains chemical inventory for compliance purposes, such as Hazcom, SARA and top screen.
· Audits programs for compliance with company standards and government regulations.
· Implements safety and health KPIs for measuring the effectiveness of established and newly developed safety and health programs.
· Coordinates necessary internal and external resources for implementing programs.
· Maintains relationships with regulatory and government agency personnel, as well as with various industry groups and committees.
· Leads project/process teams in achieving plant-wide safety and health initiatives.
· Coordinates investigation of major accidents or problem areas and recommends future preventative measures; subsequently putting additional programs in place to address outstanding issues.
· Develop and maintain relationship with the company’s Group Safety and Heath community
· BS/BA degree in Safety, Engineering, Science or related technical field
o Certified Safety Professional and or Certified Industrial Hygienist are preferred
· >3 years safety management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a union facility
· >1 year experience in food and / or chemical continuous processing plant preferred
· Experience coordinating Safety Behavioral Programs
· Demonstrated exposure to Industrial Hygiene
· Demonstrates understanding and effective utilization of Safety compliance and behavioral tools
· Demonstrates understanding of OSHA regulations
· Demonstrates ability to effectively apply Safety principals to the food industry facilities
· Demonstrates ability to manage and/or develop strategic projects effectively
· Demonstrates ability to conduct and interpret statistical analysis
· Demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills
· Demonstrates strong communication skills with both internal and external parties
· Demonstrates strong computer skills
The duties, responsibilities, and requirements identified by this posting should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
The recruiting process will include a standard interview protocol, which includes multiple interviews with an established team and a formal 30-minute PowerPoint presentation by the candidate. The successful job applicant will be required to submit to and pass a post offer pre-employment physical, which includes a drug test.
Salary: Competitive w/ up to 18% bonus; Benefits; Relocation; EOE; No Sponsorship available with this company