Get new similar jobs by email for
2 in ROANOKE, VIRGINIA
We are seeking energetic, technically oriented, successful sales engineers. This position is responsible for generating new business and ensuring the growth of existing customer accounts. The Sales Engineer works with the potential and current customers to promote our custom-engineered products and capabilities and works with Application Engineers to prepare detailed recommendations and cost estimates from customer specifications to offer solutions that meet the customer’s needs. The Sales Engineer is responsible for meeting sales targets for their assigned market(s) in accordance with the overall policies and objectives of the Company.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
· Provide timely, accurate, effective quotation service to all customers within assigned market(s), including but are not limited to:
o Obtain quotation request from customers in assigned market(s).
o Interpret and clarify customer specifications.
o Determine strategy, price levels and commercial terms.
o Secure amount and type of orders from assigned market(s) to meet sales budget and needs of the business.
· Contact and qualify new and potential customers. Identify customers' needs and give formal and informal presentations.
· Communicate regularly and consistently with the Market Manager and Director of Sales on all quotation activity and status.
· Build and maintain good business relationships with customers.
· Prepares various sales reports and sales activity reports.
· Respond to customer requests and stay current in the knowledge of the full range of company products and services and creates enthusiasm for new product.
· Communicates closely with others departments (i.e. design engineering, contracts specialists, operations, etc.) regarding customer needs.
· Provides feedback to the company on customer needs, competitors, technology, and other pertinent issues.
· Communicate and promote the company’s image and objectives externally.
· Engage in all necessary order closing activities within assigned market(s).
· Provide and maintain timely, quality inputs to the quotation data system and customer management tools for assigned market(s).
· Assist manager in overall sales planning for assigned market(s).
· Other duties as assigned.
· BS Degree (preferably EE, ME or other technical discipline)
· 3+ years experience selling an engineered product or capital goods (power transformer industry is ideal)
· Demonstrated strong work ethic.
· Ability to travel out-of-state up to 70%.
· Detail oriented and able to multitask.
· Strong technical skills.
· Demonstrated experience selling to engineers, contractors, etc.
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
· Proven client development skills.
· Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
TO APPLY:send resume and SALARY history to: MUDASSAR_MOHSIN@VATRANSFORMER.COM
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.