Heavy equipment sales representative. This position will generate new business and ensure growth of existing accounts in a specific geographic region, eastern Pennsylvania and Northern Maryland to the following industries: Quarries, Coal, Environmental Contractors, Recycling, Marcellus Shale Industry, Sand and Gravel, Construction, Industry / Slag, Demolition, Topsoil/Mulch/Supply, Yard, Energy Power Plants, Transfer / Terminals, Landfill, Municipal
A primary goal is to assess the potential application of company products and/or services and then offer solutions that meet customer needs. Research and present reports showing potential customers the cost / benefit of purchasing products or services. Provide technical training to clients and communicate customer feedback for future product development. Use technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales.
• Four year bachelor’s degree required. An Engineering, Marketing, or Business curriculum would bring added relevant education.
• Three years proven outside sales experience in a similar industry required.
• PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing, and other office management applications required.
• Must be available for overnight travel required.
• Current, Valid Driver’s License required.
• The ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in speaking and presenting is critical to success.
The Company is a leading provider of crushing, screening and conveying equipment & solutions. We combine the expertise and experience of one of the nation’s largest teams solely dedicated to crushing, screening and conveying with the premier products of our OEM partners to provide solutions to customers in the following industries.
The Company is recognized by customers as the preferred solutions provider of products, services and solutions in all markets served. The history, tradition and culture of the company reflect our values: Communication, Accountability, Mutual Respect, Customer first, Enjoyment of work, Family, Integrity, People are our greatest strength, Quality and Teamwork.
Competitive salary that rewards communication, accountability, mutual respect, performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical & Dental
• Company Vehicle
• Sales and Product Training
• SEP Program
• Laptop Computer
• Vacation and Holidays
• Cell Phone
The Company is an innovative, financially sound company that is an industry leader. We promote an environment built on teamwork where knowledge is shared and innovative solutions are the result. The expertise of our Team is as critical to our success as is the effectiveness of our products and solutions. You can personally excel and work with peers to build and service the industry's most innovative products and solutions.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Arrange for installation and test-operation of machinery.
• Attend sales and trade meetings, and read related publications in order to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, and industry developments.
• Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
• Complete expense reports, sales reports, and other paperwork.
• Complete product and development training as required.
• Compute customer's installation or production costs, and estimate savings from new services, products, or equipment.
• Consult with engineers regarding technical problems.
• Demonstrate and explain the operation and use of products.
• Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
• Initiate sales campaigns and follow marketing plan guidelines in order to meet sales and production expectations.
• Maintain customer records.
• Obtain specifications for use by engineering departments in bid preparations.
• Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
• Prepare sales presentations and proposals that explain product specifications and applications.
• Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
• Provide feedback to company's product design team so that products can be tailored to clients' needs.
• Study information about new products so that product can be accurately depicted and proper recommendations made.
• Verify customers' credit ratings, and appraise equipment in order to determine contract terms and trade-in values.
• Verify that materials lists are accurate and that delivery schedules meet project deadlines.
• Visit establishments to evaluate needs and to promote product or service sales.