Make your move. Achieve more.
XPO Logistics (NYSE: XPO) is one of the fastest-growing companies in the transportation logistics business, and a Top 25 Freight Brokerage Firm. We're creating jobs at record speed - and we're bringing a lot of qualified people on board. In the past year alone, we added more than 20 locations to grow our three businesses: freight brokerage, expedited transportation and freight forwarding.
At XPO, we don't own trucks, ships or planes, but we're in the middle of the action: connecting shippers who have loads to move with the best carriers for those loads. It's fast-paced, competitive work. We want people on our team who are confident and driven to win -- people who are excited to help build our growth. We've created inspiring workspaces that are charged with adrenalin, where a big effort can pay off in a big way. And you'll do it with our support: we'll give you training and technology and a strong team to work with.
This is your chance to achieve more with a company that's driving toward becoming a multi-billion dollar business in the next few years. It's your move.
· Develop and maintain FTL business throughout North America
· Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold-calling
· Manage accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of business
· Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation with customers and carriers
· Develop and maintain a strong carrier portfolio according to the carrier selection criteria
· Use both traditional and electronic communication tools to make contact with prospective, current and former customers
· Identify business opportunities for company services
· Create quotations and sales proposals for company services
· Independently generate new sales revenue for your team
· Collaborate with your team on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing
· Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues through strong selling
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
· Maintain and update accurate information in the company's operating systems
· Understand and support the goals, policies and procedures of XPO Logistics
· Maintain confidentiality of company information
· High-energy, driven by the opportunity to make money and the thrill of the win
· Interested in building a career with a growth-oriented company
· Motivated by a sense of urgency, a will to win, and a talent for negotiating
· Able to build client relationships quickly, in order to establish and maintain a profitable book of business
· Has the mentality of a team player, and the desire to learn
· Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Business-minded, with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
· One to five years of experience with freight solution sales, marketing or customer service required
· Direct sales experience preferred
· Experience working in a deadline-driven environment preferred
· A college degree in business, logistics or transportation-related field preferred