Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Chemist - Oligomers/Coa...
Dymax Corporation, a leader in the Acrylic Adhesive and UV Curing Industry, is seeking a highly motivated, team orientated individual to join our Research and Development – Oligomers and Coatings department as a Senior Chemist.
The Senior Chemist will develop new oligomers to aggressively grow sales with innovative UV-curable technologies.
- Develop new oligomers according to the company technology roadmaps.
- Complete projects according to customer needs and timetables.
- Ensure that customer, Sales, and Technical Service have all technical information needed to properly cure and use new formulations.
- Stay current with patent and chemical literature.
- Supervise projects and experiments assigned to entry-level chemists or R&D technicians.
- Interface with Manufacturing, QC, and AE as required to solve customer problems.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks.
- PhD with 3+ years of oligomer synthesis and development experience for light-curable technologies, in industry and in the United States, or MS with 5+ years of oligomer development experience in the same.
- Experience in urethane-acrylate oligomers strongly preferred.
- May coordinate R&D technician activity on a day to day basis.