Get new similar jobs by email for
Registered Nurse (RN) Labor an...
We have an immediate opening for a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse with the following qualifications:
Shall be fully qualified as a graduate of a school of professional nursing, approved by a legally designated state accrediting agency and hold current registration as a registered nurse. (Copy of certification and license required).
Education and experience qualifications are as follows:
· A graduate of a State or territory of the United States accredited nursing degree or program with at least 3 years’ experience as a
Registered Professional Nurse, and with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Maternal Child Health environment with one year to include Obstetrics Labor and Delivery unit experience.
· Shall have completed the fetal monitoring course and have continuously practiced Fetal Heart Monitoring to maintain their skills.
· Shall possess a current and valid State or territory of the United States license and State Registration.
· Proof of education and licenser will be produced prior to the date on which the contractor is scheduled to work. Contract Employees will carry current license and will present it to nursing supervisor the first time they arrive at the facility.
Shall possess current certification in American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Certified Program (NRCP) at the time of employment.
The scope of the Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse is defined to encompass nursing functions for which he/ she have responsibility for. Labor and Delivery Registered Nurses provide specialized care to obstetrical and at risk obstetrical patients.
· Delivery of treatment within the personnel and equipment capabilities of the MTF, provision of mandated nursing surveillance and
· Appropriate admission of new patients with initiation and follow plan of care:
· Interviews patients and obtains patient history and pertinent medical history.
· Evaluates patients and plan appropriate comprehensive treatment program based on examination.
· Direct and execute treatment, assess it efficiently and modify the treatment as indicated to accomplish the desires goal.
· Provides intense care to the laboring patients, to include all aspects of care related to L&D.
· Continual assessments of the post-partum and newborn patients. Participate in the newborn assessments in the labor rooms and operating rooms.
· Continually assesses patient’s conditions for potential crisis threatening either to the mother or the fetus.
· Shall assess emergent and eminent delivery.
· May perform emergency delivery and resuscitation of infant.
· Initiation of emergency measures: resuscitation of mother and or newborn and notification of physician.
· Shall operate monitoring equipment safely and effectively. Interpret and generate data and respond appropriately.
· Provides care to the laboring patients with and without epidural anesthesia, post-delivery (vaginal and caesarian births) and post-partum patients, to include monitoring IV drips, appropriate assessments, medications, etc.
· Administers prescribed medications to include but not limited to Magnesium sulfate, Oxytocin, Terbutaline, Procardia and Insulin. Administers appropriate intravenous push drugs.
· Provides quality care to any patients on a Magnesium or Oxytocin IV Drip.
· Interpretation of laboratory test results, including CBC, U/A, Bilirubin levels, etc.
· Participate in the cleaning and remaking of the labor and postpartum rooms and nursery when housekeeping is unavailable.
· Labor and Delivery Registered Nurses must have experience working independently.
Please send updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
"UBT is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V"