The Senior Credit Analyst position at Mainland Bank is a integral part of the Bank’s overall commercial lending team. This position is responsible for high level examinations of credit information on current and potential borrowers; determining the advisability of granting credit for diversified types of loans; assisting loan officers in writing loan requests; and promoting new business by maintaining excellent customer relations. The position also ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations. This position reports directly to the Senior Lending Officer of the Bank and will attend all senior level management meetings pertaining to credit quality.
- Assist loan officers in performing pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Assist loan officers in gathering data from customers, internal, and outside sources. Prepare spreadsheets and analyze financial information including financial statements and tax returns. Contact customers for additional information and clarification of data.
- Write financial reviews and reports. Make recommendations on loan structures and terms to loan officers.
- Assist loan officers in coordinating processing of approved loans. Ensure loans are processed according to agreement and customer needs, and conform to Bank lending policies. Obtain sufficient information and/or documentation from customers. Solve problems relative to processing and servicing of loans.
- Inform Loan Officers when up-to-date financial statements are needed for commercial accounts. Assist Loan Officers in the review and renewal of credit facilities. Provide back-up support. Check pledged assets as requested by Loan Officers. Assist with ongoing computerization of the loan review function.
- When applicable, represent the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business. Develop knowledge of the financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors, and competition. Update and correspond with legal counsel and collectors on workouts, bankruptcies, and charge-offs to ensure all possible precautionary actions or measures are taken.
- Make loan presentations when needed as well as make joint calls with lenders on customers and prospects.
- Track and monitor credit exceptions. Prepare write-ups for committee loan packages. Perform loan pricing analysis. Monitor and track financial reporting and other loan covenants.
- Examine accounts receivable/inventory and borrowing bases for compliance. Complete tax to cash analysis by reviewing personal and partnership tax returns.
We are seeking high-character individuals who treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values; accept responsibility for their own actions; follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support the Bank’s goals and values; and benefit the bank through outside activities.
Minimum Job Requirements
- BBA in Finance or Accounting with formal bank training.
- Basic experience, knowledge, and training in financial statement and tax return analysis, typically from education in accounting, financial, credit analysis, and/or related areas.
- Basic knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate, and consumer loan processing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal loan regulations and other Bank lending policies.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and members of the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Basic typing skills required to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic math skills (calculating interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balancing accounts; adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; locating routine mathematical errors; computing rate, ratio, and percent including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs).
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex issues in non-standard situations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.