Senior Microwave Antenna Design Engineer
Location: Exeter, NH
Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Antenna Systems, Exeter Facility is part of the Cobham family of companies and joins over 10,000 employees on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenues in excess of $3B. Microwave Components, Exeter, manufactures custom microwave components, integrated high performance assemblies and antennas for radar, electronic warfare and communications systems supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industries.
Cobham is seeking a Senior Microwave Antenna Design Engineer to join the team in Exeter, NH to conduct engineering research, analysis and design activities in the development of company products related to electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and radio frequency components and/or systems involving the following disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Radio Frequency, Electronic, Systems integration, Hardware, and Firmware/Software Engineering.
The primary responsibility for this position is the conceptual design and development of microwave RF Antenna and Antenna Sub-System product, prototype hardware manufacturing and performance evaluation, project coordination through final mechanical & manufacturing documentation, configuration release, qualification & verification testing and certification and production release.
- Analyzes and evaluates technical data, products and systems in the development or sustainment of antenna products and/or systems
- Performs engineering studies to evaluate antenna product and/or system design options
- Recommends alterations to the development process or the actual design of antenna products and/or systems to improve overall quality and performance
- Works on unusually complex, sensitive and unique problems and provides state-of-the-art solutions that are highly creative. As an expert in the field, utilizes professional concepts and principles to develop solutions to critical issues and broad design matters
- Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and manufacturing of programs. Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments/problems to obtain desired outcomes. Work is checked only by the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring a longer-term perspective
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with advanced post graduate studies in Microwave Antenna Theory or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Microwave Antenna Design including Phased Arrays, Multi-element apertures, linear- dual linear-circular horns, printed circuit spirals, waveguide, coaxial and strip line antenna radiators or equivalent
- Design experience in waveguide components, coaxial and stripline components and antenna feeds
- Familiar with manufacturing process including machining, CNC milling, aluminum dip brazing, ferrous metal torch and furnace brazing, metal fabrication and plating
- Requires HFSS or other computer modeling skills
- US citizen
- Possesses good communications skills and comfortable presenting to customers
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Possess and apply knowledge of cutting edge technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies. Sufficient knowledge to exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness
- Team management, project management and program management skills
- Possesses advanced skill in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, Projects and PowerPoint
- Active Secret Clearance
To apply: Visit our website at www.cobhamcareers.com.
For more information about Cobham, visit our website at www.cobham.comCobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population (M/F/D/V).