Job Title: Senior Network/IP Engineer
Reports To: VP Operations, Americas
Location: Houston, TX or New Orleans, LA
As Senior Network/IP Engineer, the qualified candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of core network architecture and infrastructure. They will also work in the development of highly customized network designs in support of remote VSAT communications systems and services we provide to our customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries.
The Senior Network/IP Engineer works closely with Sales, Engineering, Build &Test, Project Management, Network Operations, Field Operations and our clients in the delivery of innovative remote VSAT communications systems to customer sites. Primary accountabilities are detailed below but not limited to:
- Work directly with internal teams in the design and delivery of remote communications projects regionally as well as globally.
- Customer facing Engineering role requiring frequent interaction with clients.
- Review Sales Order and/or customer RFP to determine and understand customer requirements.
- Develop highly technical designs which enables us to deliver a reliable service to our customer base.
- Drive the development and design of highly robust and scalable data and voice (VoIP) architecture that will provide carrier-grade data and telephony services over satellite or other wireless technologies.
- Collaborate with other Network Engineers around the globe in the design and deployment of new services and/or enhancements to existing data and voice services.
- Recommend innovative technical solutions that will enhance, increase levels of redundancy and survivability and add flexibility to existing global infrastructure and products/services.
- Assist in the design and development of products and services that add value to our clients business while outpacing the competition with technology and innovative services and solutions.
- Assist in the development/refinement of the overall network security strategy and design.
- Develop detailed documentation and implementation plans that can be executed with a high probability of success.
- Improve the availability and reliability of voice and data services provided across the network.
- Assist in the development of visualization and/or instrumentation that effectively depict the health and monitoring of core infrastructure and services.
- Drives standards in network architecture and design allowing a consistent approach to our services and solutions.
- Promotes and maintains a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day to day work flow.
- Day to day leadership and accountability of the assigned projects, scheduling and workflow.
- On call and weekend support may be required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Preferred Associates degree minimum, Bachelor’s degree in the studies of Communications/Technology/Telecom.
- 8+ year’s relevant and demonstrable experience in the design and delivery of core/remote network designs in support of Onshore/Offshore O&G, Maritime and Mining remote communication projects.
- Minimum requirement of CCNA, CCNP with preferred CCIE certification.
- Proven and demonstrable experience with IP Routing/Switching, VOIP, Security and MPLS.
- Strong knowledge and experience of SCPC, TDMA, and Mesh satellite technologies.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines. Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills a must.
- Must be customer focused and able to effectively communicate internally and with customers.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under general supervision and direction. Must have flexibility of working extended hours and on call as needed, and the ability to work independently.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to prepare and present clear and concise oral and written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to engage and influence stakeholders required to deliver projects.
- Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve success while being a self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities.
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs and work above shoulder level.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screens. ITC Global maintains a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy.