Senior Oracle E-Business Suite Database Administrator
Core Services is a Premier Provider of Oracle Consulting and Hosting Services. Focused on Oracle Applications since 1990, Core is a Global Oracle Certified Partner. Core is headquartered in Somerset, NJ with offices in Union, NJ, TX, CA, UK, Mumbai India, and Beijing China. If you are looking for a challenging and financially rewarding career with a growing organization, then look no further. Recruiters/agencies welcome. For more information, please visit our web site at www.coreservices.com
Core Services is currently seeking a Senior Oracle E-Business Suite DBA who will work in Somerset, NJ.. This individual will take full responsibility the basic and more complex tasks associated with Oracle Application Management.
- Coordinates technical details and action plans with subordinates and/or vendors for RDBMS and Application level maintenance procedures.
- Serves as escalation point for technical issues that cannot be resolved by DBA Services team members.
- Authors resolutions to escalated issues into the Knowledge Base.
- Develops and implements maintenance procedures in accordance with client-centric resolution timeframe and blackout window policies.
- Provides to management and implements, approved timely detailed action plans for high priority and recommended patches.
- Recognizes and communicates to management, and implements, approved plans to meet Operations’ needs for additional products, support, and services.
- Serves in leadership role for prevention, detection, identification, and resolution of technical issues in the outsourced environment.
- Prioritizing concurrent issues to meet client satisfaction and service level agreement commitments.
- Continuously updating technical and procedural documentation based on increasing productivity and client satisfaction for both unique and repetitive situations.
- Suggesting enhancements to and performing, daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly maintenance procedures as defined in the operational guides and standard procedures of DBA Management.
- In addition, Senior Managers and Line Managers may assign ad-hoc requests and tasks as needed in support of related servers and applications and client needs.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Familiarity with RDMBS functions or PL/SQL programming in an Oracle Database environment (test or production)
- Familiarity with UNIX navigation and basic commands is a plus
- Demonstrated technical and client communication skills (written and verbal); sound judgment, and ability to efficiently handle a variety of client situations.
- 5+ years experience in an Oracle Technical Support role working with 11i version and R12
- Experience with OBIEE, Hyperion, Fusion, SOA or WebLogic a PLUS
Compensation & Benefits
At Core, we offer a market competitive base salary and variable pay program. This package is complimented by a comprehensive benefits program which includes medical and dental coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, personal disability income protection, AD&D coverage and a company matching 401k Retirement Savings Plan.
Core is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.