Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linu...
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator Job
Job Requisition Number:40603
Senior Linux Systems Administrator/Engineer F/T, to provide world class systems management and engineering skills for this global Red Hat-based computing environment. English and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Assist with management of 5000+ Linux server infrastructures (RHEL5 & RHEL6)
- Configure systems according to standard systems build practices
- Kernel and network based systems tuning; Interface with project sponsoring groups to gather requirements and be responsible for implementation and post implementation project support
- Monitor, evaluate and solve hardware and/or software-related performance issues
- Utilize standard tools such as Satellite Server, Blade Logic, for provisioning and configuration management or other provisioning tools
- Configure and tune LVM volumes, experience with shell scripting (ksh,bash & Perl)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science & 5 years of progressively responsible experience within the realm of systems administration engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must function as a member of a team and thrive in a fast paced, interrupt-driven systems environment
- Monitor resource usage, making required recommendations and adjustments
- Participate in on-call production support activities
- Coordinate activities with Vendors
- Responsible for contributing to the development of the organizations goals and objectives
- Recommend improvements to facilitate better management and monitoring of the environment
- Proactively create procedures to prevent and reduce the severity of outages
- Assist with the installation, configuration and management of the Linux infrastructure
- Analyze system performance and knowledge of system parameters to improve the utilization of system resources
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.