Senior Software Development Engineer
Status: Full Time, Employee
Job Category:Software Engineering
Relevant Work Experience:6+ years
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE or equivalent work experience
Travel Requirements:Able to travel worldwide up to 10% of the time
Location: Kirkland, Washington
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), the company at the heart of the Bluetooth industry is recruiting! With 18,000 member companies (and growing rapidly) and over 2 billion Bluetooth enabled products shipping this year, Bluetooth is the premier wireless solution for developers, product manufacturers, and consumers worldwide and one of the most recognizable global wireless brands. Everything is better with Bluetooth!
In addition to rocking hundreds of millions of wireless speakers and headphones, Bluetooth technology is primed to be the backbone of the "Internet of Things", securely connecting billions of disconnected devices to “the cloud”. From lifestyle products (running shoes, HVAC systems, golf clubs, toothbrushes, etc.) to life saving devices (glucose meters and blood pressure monitors, etc.), Bluetooth and its latest revolutionary release is the catalyst for the next wireless revolution.
Backed by industry-leading companies, the Bluetooth SIG empowers its members to collaborate, innovate and guide Bluetooth wireless technology. The Bluetooth SIG oversees the development of the member driven Bluetooth specifications and is responsible for creating and managing the processes and tools that member companies use to build and qualify their products as well as providing a common marketing platform for the technology. Members range from leading high-tech companies to small, innovative start-ups, all of them looking to take advantage of the fastest growing wireless technology in the industry.
One of the critical tools that the SIG delivers to its member customers is the Profile Tuning Suite (PTS). The PTS helps members develop, test and qualify their Bluetooth products and ensures that compliant and interoperable products are available to end users. The SIG is looking to engage a highly self-motivated individual to join the PTS team as a Senior Software Development Engineer. As part of this team, the candidate will be expected to independently design and implement Bluetooth protocol test suites and contribute to overall product development.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Independently design, develop and maintain Bluetooth protocol test suites
· Diagnose complex issues and lead the implementation of solutions
· Evaluate existing software development methods and work to enhance them to improve quality and performance
· Advocate and practice software development best practices
· Provide mentoring to junior staff members
· Collaborate with internal and external teams/groups to drive clarity and deliver tools
· Consult on a regular basis with team/project leadership to align expectations and deliverables
Skills and Requirements
· Strong C/C++ design and coding skills
· Experience in developing and working with protocol stacks
· Strong background in embedded systems programming
· Adept knowledge of software development lifecycle and best practices
· Knowledge of Bluetooth core, protocol or profile technology is a plus
· Ability to perform peer code reviews
· Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively in an international business environment
· Accountable team player that collaborates effectively in a team environment
The Bluetooth SIG, Inc. has an excellent benefits package including heath, prescription drug, short-term and long-term disability, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, and 401(k).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bluetooth SIG, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, National Guard or reserve unit obligation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with applicable federal and state law, Bluetooth SIG, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job, employment practice, or the work environment that makes it possible for an individual with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Bluetooth SIG, Inc