Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Software Engineer - Gra...
Senior Software Engineer –Graphical Preprocessor Development - C++
Exa Corporation is a global innovator of simulation driven engineering solutions. We develop cutting-edge simulation and design optimization software products that are used worldwide in industries such as ground transportation, aerospace and motorsports.
Our team is responsible for development of PowerCASE- the preprocessor for Exa’s simulation products. We’re at the early stages of a few ambitious long-term projects that will broaden the scope of PowerCASE to include a variety of major new capabilities, including functionality similar to feature-oriented CAD systems, support for design optimization studies, and job management controls. In these projects, a particular emphasis will be placed on usability (intuitive controls and user work-flow), performance (CPU & memory usage, file I/O, etc.), and extensibility.
Exa’s work environment is informal, collaborative, and supportive of individual growth in talent and leadership. As part of our small development team, you will:
· Be responsible for the design and implementation of new product features as well as the maintenance of existing functionality.
· Make significant contributions to PowerCASE from day one and expected to take ownership of various portions of the product.
· Coordinatethe input of a variety of domain experts (including physics, computational geometry, aerodynamics, thermal, aeroacoustics, etc.) as design considerations, so technical communication and comprehension skills are very important.
· Produce functional and technical designs which effectively balance customer needs and implementation considerations, so a clearheaded and methodical approach to problem solving is also very important.
· Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other developers on the team.
The ideal candidates would meet all of the following requirements, but we will seriously consider candidates who combine demonstrated software development talent with an eagerness to learn new skills. You should possess some of the following:
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline
· 5-7 years experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems
· Excellent C++ programming skills and familiarity with STL
· Solid grounding in computer science theory
· Intellectual curiosity. Regardless of your background, you will encounter new technologies and problem domains here. A natural curiosity is a great asset in this environment.
· Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level toolkit (ideally Qt) on Windows and/or Linux.
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
· Solid organizational skills; Able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
· Strong problem-solving skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment; strong desire to learn.
Additional Skills & Experience:
Experience with one or more is a plus:
· Usability concerns as they apply to user interface design
· Toolkits for 3D graphics, such as OpenGL or HOOPS
· Python scripting language
· General physics familiarity and/or previous exposure to fluid dynamics
· Familiarity with commercial CAD and/or meshing packages or related concepts – in particular, parametric, feature-based CAD systems.
· Familiarity with C++11 features
Compensation and Benefits:
Exa offers competitive compensation, stock optionsand a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays, flexible work schedule and free access to our on campus fitness club, classes and amenities center.
To Apply: For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: SeniorSoftware Engineer - GPD in the Subject line or use the Monster tool below.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Exa Corporation is a global innovator of fluids simulation software solutions (CAE/CFD) for product engineering customers worldwide. We develop and market leading computational fluid dynamics software products that are superior for simulation-driven design, used in a range of industries including ground transportation, aerospace, motorsports, chemical, biomedical and electronics. With over 260 employees, Exa has offices in the United States, France, Germany, UK, Italy, Japan, Korea and China. We are committed to delivering a cutting-edge suite of products that are unparalleled for engineering design optimization. Employees are encouraged to have a passion for learning, innovative thinking, ownership and personal achievement. We value people who work for the success of the customer, the success of the company and the team.
Exa Corporation (NASDAQ: EXA) develops, sells and supports simulation software and services to enhance product performance, reduce product development costs and improve the efficiency of design and engineering processes. Our simulation solutions enable our customers to gain crucial insights about design performance early in the design cycle, thus reducing the likelihood of expensive redesigns and late-stage engineering changes. As a result, our customers realize significant cost savings and fundamental improvements in their engineering development process. Our products include, PowerFLOW®, PowerDELTA®, PowerCLAY®, PowerVIZ®, PowerSPECTRUM®, PowerACOUSTICS®, PowerINSIGHT®, PowerCASE™, PowerCOOL® and PowerTHERM® along with professional engineering consulting services. A partial customer list includes: AGCO, BMW, Ford, Hyundai, Kenworth, MAN, Nissan, Peterbilt, Renault, Scania, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo Trucks.
Key Words: Software Engineer, programmer, C++, C++ 11, STL, Linux, Windows, GUI, graphical user interface, Qt, usability, design, Python, scripting, 3D graphics, OpenGL, HOOPS, CAE, CFD, CAD, computer aided engineering, computational fluid dynamics