Headquartered in San Diego, CA, Tapestry Solutions, Inc. is a leading innovator providing custom software development, training, consulting, and support services to the US military, government, and private sector. We specialize in live Logistics Command and Control (Log C2) and cutting-edge Modeling and Simulation solutions. In November 2008, we became a wholly owned, non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company. In December 2008 Boeing acquired Federated Software Group, Inc., a leading software development, systems, and technical services company which integrated into Tapestry. In December 2010, Tapestry acquired CDM Technologies, a software company specializing in real-time transportation and logistics planning systems. Tapestry forms the core of the Log C2 subdivision of Training Systems and Government Services (TSGS), an operating division of Boeing Defense, Space& Security's Global Services & Support business unit.
Software analysis, architectural knowledge, senior development, design and testing of Tapestry applications, software products and services. This position is a senior software development position requiring both a Computer Science education and professional experience.
Primary Job Functions
The primary functions of this position is to provide experienced software design and programming, industry and architectural expertise, troubleshooting and analyis in support of Tapestry’s software applications. This position will involve all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for large complex applications and software programs.
The individual will:
- Perform software development tasks in the areas of software/application design, programming, architecture, as well as independent analysis and problem resolution.
- Guide complex development tasks and projects to successful completion.
- Provide design, tracking, and testing of Tapestry applications.
- Provide level validation and verification of complex software applications.
- Maintain and validate coding and software standards.
- Serve as a leader and a mentor to less experienced software engineers, as required
- Prepare software development and testing schedules, as required.
- Assure both quality and customer service.
- And other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Ten years of software engineering experience. With a Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, five years of experience is required. Must have demonstrated experience with programming languages and in the design and implementation of systems. Experience may include embedded systems and/or database management systems.
Skills and Abilities
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree and proven experience in:
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (eg. Oracle DB and PL/SQL.)
- Web Technologies and languages such as Oracle ADF, Java (web developer).
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short period of time.
- Able to perform tracking, testing, validation and verification of software applications.
- Able to maintain/recommend software quality and coding standards, and assure that such standards are being adhered to.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management system is helpful.
- Experience with developing software for complex systems.
- Experience with developing software in a wide range of languages and toolsets.
- Able to contribute in all activities and steps that form the software development process with an emphasis on design, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Able to analyze data and determine and document the best method of meeting customer requirements.
- Able to provide quality solutions to complex software development tasks on time and on budget.
- Able to work within time constraints to design and deliver software.
- Able to work directly with the functional experts and the customer in the design of software and clarification of requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the employee to sit for extended periods of time, often working at the computer viewing the screens and typing, communicating on the phone, can demand standing, and some lifting up to approximately 30 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tapestry provides equal employment opportunities for all persons and prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or non-disqualifying disability.