FTD is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to be a technical resource for the development of a cutting edge, complex, and versatile windows based Point of Sale application. The selected individual will be a strong team player recognized for his knowledge, technical leadership and experience in Windows technologies and have a strong ability to meet delivery criteria on schedule and with high quality. The selected individual will be a passionate champion of iterative development with a yearning to continuously improve the customer’s experience while reducing the overhead of development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The key responsibilities of this position include the following: 1) participate in the analysis, design, implementation and support of the FTD Mercury POS system 2) mentor and provide technical leadership to less experienced developers and 3) support and improve the efficiency of the development process. Other responsibilities may be assigned based upon business need.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. If a reasonable accommodation is necessary, the employee must make the request and may be required to provide medical documentation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 5+ years of software development experience, including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
· Expert in Microsoft .Net environment using C# / Web Services
· Experience in Microsoft VC++ using MFC/ATL
· Very strong MS SQL Server (2005) development including Stored Procedures, Views, and optimization
· Demonstrated technical leadership skills and ability to mentor junior developers
· Ability to see the business application beyond the software requirements
· Able to develop detailed technical design documentation
· Demonstrated skills in developing high-quality applications with reduced cycle-time
· Demonstrated experience in continuously improving the customer experience
· Meticulous in completing tasks on schedule, with high quality, and with attention to detail
· Experience in Agile or Iterative development
· Very strong team player yet self-motivated and able to make progress without needing much direction
· Ability to work in a very fast-paced, multi-task environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Contribute to the efficiency of the development process
· BS computer science or related degree
· Perform any other duties as assigned
· Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS-Office, MS-Visio, MS-Project and TFS / Visual Studio 2005/2010
· Ability to clearly communicate technical information to diverse audiences desired
Nice to have:
· MS computer science or related degree
· Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
· Retail systems experience such as POS, back office, etc.
· Mobile Development experience using iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms
· Commercial grade software development ("shrink wrap" software versus internal I/T applications)
· Experience in change management and configuration management
· Direct customer contact
· Experience designing, implementing and executing load, performance and scalability test cases a plus