Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Software Test Engineer ...
Foliage, a part of the Altran group is currently seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer for Enterprise & Mobile application testing, in Burlington, Massachusetts. This critical role requires at least 5 years’ technical experience in software test or development, and familiarity with object oriented programming concepts. The ideal candidate has experience with API and UI automation, and related tools.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Test Engineer include: manual and automated integration & system level testing of enterprise and mobile applications, providing technical leadership on projects around test strategy, tool research and selection, test status reporting, and mentoring other test team members. This role with work closely with a team of engineers both in Burlington and distributed across other Foliage/ Altran locations. The unique nature of our project-based delivery model will require ability to learn new tools, technologies, and domains, as well as different processes and regulations. The applications under test may span Medical, Aerospace, Industrial, and Commercial markets.
The ideal candidate with be: highly motivated, energized by the challenge of testing complex systems, technical and willing to quickly learn new technical areas with each new project, flexible and able to overcome obstacles. At Foliage, we highly value engineers who can continuously learn new technologies and tools, solve problems, and maintain the positive attitude that is part of the Foliage culture.
· Quickly ramp up and gain relevant domain and technology knowledge required for each project
· Contribute to test estimation, planning & test execution of Enterprise & Mobile applications, or Embedded Software development
· Analyze technical requirements, author test cases & procedures, and develop testing strategies
· Create manual and automated integration (API) tests and system (UI) tests
· Follow and advocate for Test Engineering best practices
· Support special initiatives as a member of the Test Engineering team – to improve process, investigate and qualify tools, develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects
· Occasionally travel to other Foliage, Altran, or Client locations in support of projects or other initiatives
· Perform (project-level) test lead duties when needed, to include: client discussions, test strategy formation, team member mentoring, status reporting
· 5+ years’ test (or development) experience with enterprise software and/or mobile applications
· Advanced training in software development best practices, including: Java, Objective C, or C#/.net development
· Scripting skills with one or more scripting languages, (i.e. Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
· Demonstrated technical aptitude for functional, integration, and performance testing
· Experience developing API automated tests (SOAP & REST)
· UI Automation experience on Windows (desktop or browser) or Mobile (android or iOS) is valuable
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V