TEN: The Enthusiast Networkis seeking a full-time Senior Technical Program Manager for the Irvine, CA office.
TEN: The Enthusiast Network is the world’s premier network of enthusiast brands, such as Motor Trend, Automobile, Hot Rod, Surfer, Transworld and GrindTV. With more than 60 publications, 100 Web sites, the world’s largest automotive VOD channel, 800 branded products, 50+ events, TV and radio programs, TEN creates and delivers content that informs, entertains, inspires and connects with enthusiasts every day.
The Technical Program Manager will provide key leadership to our Digital Product Development organization, you will be responsible for driving projects and programs for our multimillion dollar premier network of 40+ automotive brands such as Motortrend.com, HotRod.com, FourWheeler.com, Intellichoice.com, Automobilemag.com and Automotive.com.
You will be responsible for managing programs involving cross-functional teams focusing on launching new software products and services. You will create and maintain program & project plans, engage deeply in portfolio management, evaluate resource availability and allocation, report regularly on engineering efficiency and effectiveness, anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, recommend trade-offs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
Your thorough understanding of the agile software development process (discovery/UX, user stories/functional specification, system/architectural design, development, configuration, QA testing, and deployment) is crucial in identifying and mitigating risks early in the product life cycle and ensuring successful product launches. A software engineering or similar technical background is required.
You must be able to coordinate between teams of technical resources and product stakeholders and have an understanding of the technologies, systems, and processes that will be used in achieving project objectives. You will primarily interface with the Product Management, User Experience, Engineering, QA and Operations teams to ensure the successful delivery of new digital products. Maturity, leadership, objectivity, technical savvy, sound judgment, and the ability to effectively balance multiple priorities will be crucial for success in this role. The position will provide tthe following duties, but not limited to:
· Synthesize a large number of interrelated projects into a small set of interdependent yet discrete programs with clear objectives, detailed plans and effective execution structures.
· Lead and manage program-level forums to regularly review program and/or software development process health, risks, mitigation options, resource contention and escalated issues.
· Work with the Product Management and User Experience teams to create and maintain four quarter rolling product roadmap for all of TEN’s digital properties.
· Lead formal portfolio management activities related to how, when, where and why we make investments in our digital properties.
· Aggregate data from multiple sources to effectively enable the management of TEN’s digital portfolio.
· Participate in strategic corporate decision-making by facilitating data-driven conversations.
· Ensure that the distributed Program Management team is effectively and consistently publishing detailed and aligned project plans including sprint velocity and quality metrics, resource utilization, cross-functional dependencies, milestones, launch dates and critical path analysis.
· Efficiently manage projects with resources spread over multiple geographies (US, India).
· Publish weekly project and program updates including the latest status, A|B test results, variance from plan, high priority issues, mitigation plans and decisions needed.
· Reports to the VP of Digital Products and will have regular exposure to the executive team.
· BA/BS required, preferably in a Computer Science or similar software engineering discipline.
· 8+ years of experience in a software development environment.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in a program or project management capacity in an agile/scrum environment and 4 years experience as a software developer (or similar engineering role) required.
· Scrum-master certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Familiarity with multi-tier Internet architectures.
· Experience in the digital media industry preferred.
· Experience with web analytics tools (Adobe Site Catalyst, Google Analytics) preferred.
· Ability to excel in both a high-visibility strategic capacity and get involved in detailed program management tasks when necessary.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent knowledge of the product life cycle, as well as associated tools, processes and operational planning.
· A process-oriented disposition is critical, with experience successfully crafting processes appropriate to organizational culture and goals.
· Demonstrated success building and leading high-performing agile engineering teams.
· The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Webber/MPMW model or other similar forecasting/predictive systems.
· Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned