Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Webmethods Consultant
Software AG Government Solutions is seeking candidates for a position as a Senior Consultant to provide professional consulting services to our customers in the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence Community agencies and their suppliers in the Aerospace & Defense Industries. We are a software company that addresses mission critical challenges with best-in-class software solutions for enterprise integration, Service-Oriented Architecture, Business Process Management, Fast Big Data, Complex Event Processing, in-memory computing and much more. Our core products are webMethods, Terracotta (enterprise Ehcache), Apama, Aris and Alfabet.
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Provide professional consulting services to help our customers solve complex business problems using the Software AG portfolio of software solutions and serve as our on-site representative.
· Lead or participate in a collaborative team environment and demonstrate the ability to work independently with appropriate direction to provide high-quality deliverables and recommendations using relevant best practices.
· Identify additional professional services and product sales opportunities, assist in proposal development, respond to customer requests for information, and participate in relevant business capture initiatives.
· Create and implement successful and innovative solutions that run, manage and optimize clients’ key business processes
Requirements and Experience
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering or another computer related degree with 5+ years of related work experience
· Demonstrated success in professional services consulting projects in a leadership or individual contributor role
· Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
o Enterprise Integration, Business Process Management (BPM), SOA Governance and Process Automation or E-commerce solutions including webMethods, TIBCO, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Appian, Mulesoft, IBM Websphere, Metastorm or other integration tools
o Business Process Management (BPM), Business Process Analysis & Reengineering, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), enterprise application design and system architecture using Business Process Modeling and Enterprise Architecture modeling tools including Aris, System Architect,Troux, MEGA, PowerDesigner, or other similar tools.
o Fast Big Data, In-Memory Computing technologies, Streaming Data, Complex Event Processing, Real-time Analytics, Universal Messaging and Java caching concepts using Ehcache, Terracotta, TimesTen, GridGain, Hazelcast or other Fast Big Data solutions.
o Real-time Analytics & Data Visualization tools including Presto or other similar tools
o IT Transformation, IT Portfolio Management, and Enterprise Architecture Management using IT planning tools including Alfabet or other similar software packages.
o Data Management solutions including traditional and in-memory databases including Oracle, SQL Server Sybase, Informix, or DB2
o Familiarity with ERP tools like PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle Applications or CRM tools like Siebel, Clarify, and Vantive
o Transaction Processing Platforms including ADABAS or Natural
· Experience in the latest enterprise operating systems including Linux, Unix or Windows including the ability to administer, configure, tune and troubleshoot complex environments
· Experience developing enterprise and web applications in the latest development tools and programming languages including Java, C/C++, .NET or other object oriented programming languages.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service, effective communication, strong problem solving ability, organizational abilities, and polished presentation skills
· Ability to master a broad range of expertise ranging from understanding the business process to collecting and analyzing business and technical requirements.
· Willingness to travel to customer sites in the DC/MD/VA metropolitan area, regional or national areas as necessary(can live anywhere in the US, but must travel to client sites as needed)
· U.S. Citizenship
· An active U.S. Government Security clearance is preferred or the ability to obtain a U.S> Government Security Clearance is also acceptable.
About The Company
Software AG Government Solutions is a growth-oriented software company dedicated to serving the U.S. Federal Government and the Aerospace & Defense Community. We operate with a startup culture and the backing of our $1B parent which is Software AG. We are headquartered in a brand new facility located in the Worldgate area of Herndon, Virginia. We are within walking distance to many restaurant options and a large fitness facility. We offer a generous benefits package and handsome incentive opportunities. Software AG Government Solutions also encourages a healthy family, work life balance. The company is focused on building trusting relationships with our customers based on a highly effective “Special Forces” approach to solving mission critical IT challenges. We believe in rapidly proving the viability of our solutions in our customer’s environment with world class products and talent in minimal time – often in only a few days. This prove it first/prove it fast mentality has been positively embraced across our customer base as an extremely effective way of minimizing the risk associated with IT investments. Our solutions are highly differentiated in the areas of integration of disparate systems and extended supply chain partners, business process modeling and analysis and IT portfolio management. Our solutions are particularly effective in large SAP environments where some of the largest SAP customers in the world leverage Software AG technology to get more out of their environments. Our flagship product brands are webMethods, Terracotta (Enterprise Ehcache), ARIS and Alfabet.
Software AG Government Solution is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Click on the link to view the full EEO statement http://www.softwareag.com/corporate/images/EEO_Statement_tcm16-130491.pdf