Get new similar jobs by email for
Shuttle Van Driver
Join our Team!
Shuttle Van Driver Job Summary:
Here’s your opportunity to “Work on the bright side®”! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking a reliable driver to provide complimentary shuttle van transportation for hotel guests. He/she will always be working in accordance with Company standards for guest satisfaction, safety and security. If you love meeting new people and providing exceptional class service, this is the job for you. Other key duties include:
· Assist guests by lifting and carrying guest baggage on and off the shuttle van as needed.
· Provide information and respond to guest inquiries regarding hotel services, attractions, directions, etc. in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and address ongoing maintenance needs of the shuttle van, including regular oil changes, etc.
· Maintain cleanliness of the shuttle van, including window/windshield washing, vacuuming of the interior, removing garbage, etc.
· Maintain cleanliness of the hotel parking lot.
· Assist in other departments/areas of the hotel (breakfast, laundry, housekeeping, etc) as needed.
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Must have a clean driving record and a valid, current, and non-probationary driver’s license.
· In some locations, must have CDL.
· Must be flexible in hours and days worked.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
· Must be able to repetitively lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
· Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little or no supervision.
· Must display very good organization and time management skills.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits: