Get new similar jobs by email for
Site Acquisition Manager
SITE ACQUISITION MANAGER
Velocitel is a wireless network services company with innovative, flexible and responsive solutions for developing and maintaining today’s wireless communications systems. We take pride in delivering the complete suite of professional services necessary to acquire, design, engineer, implement, upgrade and maintain wireless sites – selecting the right combination of in –house and contract personnel and expertise to match any project’s needs, whatever the size.
We are looking for a Site Acquisition Manager in the Eden Prairie, MN office.
Purpose of Position:
The Site Acquisition Manager will oversee the Site Acquisition and Senior Site Acquisition Agents as they coordinate with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure leases and entitlements as defined by project scope. The scope of the Site Acquisition Manager’s responsibility will necessitate that they assume a lead role in the following:
· Management and career development of technical staff and administrative staff, and in some cases, the directing of a regional office operation
· Quality and efficient completion of projects under the Site Acquistiion Manager’s control
· Client management and accountability to the client
· Fiscal responsibility for projects under their control
· Business development
The Site Acquisition Manager will be responsible for activities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Markets services, increases work load through participation in business development practices, establishes and maintains sound client relationships
· Coordinates preparation of qualifications and proposals, assumes a visible role in presentations to clients
· Establishes criteria, provides guidance, and directs the activities of project teams
· Prepares project authorizations, establishes budget costs and schedules for each project under supervision, maintains and regularly updates accounting system reports, and periodically reviews the fiscal status and schedule of projects with appropriate staff
· Maintains profitability through fiscal control of projects for which the Site Acquisition Manager is responsible
· Assumes an active role in the professional development of the staff members within the Site Acquisition Manager’s operating section
· Conducts work performance evaluations with staff members noting accomplishments, establishing goals and objectives and providing constructive criticism as appropriate
· Fosters cooperation on projects that entail joint efforts between the Site Acquisition Manager’s operating group and other groups, divisions and offices within the Firm.
· As appropriate, assumes a project management role in leading multi-disciplinary project teams that may consist of staff members from other groups and/or offices within the Firm
· Within the Site Acquisition Manager’s operating section assumes an active role in the evaluation and selection of new staff members, and ensures equal opportunity for all prospective candidates
· Defines the area of responsibility and project assignments for the staff members within the Manager’s group
· Responsible for quality review of land use entitlement applications, leases, zoning submittals and other documents prior to their submission to the client
· Has the authority to require the reworking of land use entitlement applications, leases, zoning submittals prior to their submission to the client
· Oversees the selection and scheduling of subcontract services
· Works with zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements for installation of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment as project scope defines
· Completes zoning ordinance reviews
· Reviews zoning drawings prior to submittal for compliance with public agencies and client requirements
Relationship to Others:
· Reports to Director of Site Acquisition
· Direct reports include Site Acquisition and Senior Site Acquisition Agents
Knowledge and Experience Desired:
· Requires 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience
· 5 years site acquisition experience preferably in the wireless industry
· 2+ years supervisory experience
· Knowledge of tower industry.
We offer full health benefits, 401(k) with matching, vacation, holiday and sick pay, education assistance and unlimited growth potential.
Velocitel is comprised of high-energy individuals who have a positive attitude and a strong professional work ethic. We are dedicated to open communication and creative ideas that contribute to personal growth as well as overall company goals.
Interested candidates should submit their resume with salary requirements.