Welcome to the home of the Soldier’s Network. With more than 9000 employees, our global workforce is defined by its collective energy, talent and creativity. We apply all three to ensuring that defense and government workers doing the toughest work under the most extreme conditions in the most remote locations have connectivity to one another and to the information they need for mission success.
We offer a robust portfolio of domestic and exportable radio, encryption, computing products and ground systems as multiple defense, government and civilian organizations focus on modernizing their communications technologies. Our unique value proposition is that we are also a world leader in delivering mission networks. These purpose-built private networks and applications that ride on them, provision not just our own portfolio of products but any product meeting the customer demand for voice, data and video communication that is secure, wireless and free from fixed infrastructure.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
Do you like knowing that your work has life-saving value? Do you like the squeak of dry-erase markers on a giant whiteboard, or a lively debate about a user’s optimal experience, or the view of the South Side slopes, or the autonomy to accomplish your goals as you see fit, or board game lunches? Do you like the kind of day where you learn so many new skills that your brain feels like it just ate Thanksgiving dinner? Sound intriguing? Viz is looking for people like you: smart, creative, and fun.
We make software that interactively visualizes data. We make software that enables massive collaboration. We make software that supports our men and women in the military, that smoothes the way of emergency responders here at home, that offers insight to researchers and data analysts. We’re a passionate, close-knit group of inter-disciplinary thinkers and doers that craft truly one-of-a-kind software used all over the world, and we do it from our cozy-casual office here in Pittsburgh.
In this role, you will:
• Researches, designs, documents, implements, and tests computer software systems, in conjunction with product development requirements, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
• Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
• Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
• May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
• Contributes to the completion of major programs and projectsEducation and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, a related technical field or the equivalent experience is required. In addition, a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
Must be able to travel 5% of the time Applicant must be a US Citizen. Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance
Submit Your Resume Online Now