Get new similar jobs by email for
Special Education Teacher (Eas...
SEEKING COMMITTED, DYNAMIC, SELF STARTERS to provide Special Education Teacher services to preschoolers in Upper Manhattan.
About Bilingual Care Inc:
Bilingual Care is an agency sponsored and approved by the New York State Department of Education.
At Bilingual Care our goal is to provide quality educational services to the community according to New York State's standards.
Our services are funded through NYSED and are provided at no cost to pre-school children (ages 3-5) eligible through the NYC Department Of Education – Committee on Preschool Special Education.
SEIT services are provided by certified special education teachers of an approved preschool program on an itinerant basis to a preschool student with a disability, at a site determined by the board of education.
· Establishes special education goals by applying state and school system requirements.
· Assesses student capabilities and needs by completing, studying, and interpreting diagnostic tests and findings; reviewing current classroom-based assessments and observations; identifying specific cognitive, physical, or emotional/behavioral disabilities including autism, learning disability, mental retardation, traumatic brain injury, orthopedically handicapped, hard of hearing, deaf, blind/visually impaired, deaf/blind, pre-school developmentally delayed, speech impaired, gifted; rating present level of functioning.
· Develops individual education plans by identifying individual learning style; selecting and fashioning appropriate teaching strategies, remedial instruction, and behavioral interventions; identifying accommodations and special services; conferring with parents and other service providers; setting goals and benchmarks.
· Completes educational requirements by adjusting interventions including curriculum modifications, social skills training, cooperative learning activities, classroom reorganization, teaching techniques, school placement, and schedules; scheduling and assigning instructional activities; following up on results.
· Maintains records by documenting learning accomplishments, attendance, behavior, and of disabilities.
· Guides students' personal and social development by establishing rules and procedures for administrative matters, student movement within the classroom, between classrooms, and on the playground.
· BILINGUAL: ENGLISH/SPANISH
· MONOLINGUAL: ENGLISH
· INTERNSHIP CERTIFICATES ACCEPTED
Cases currently available in Head Starts, Day Cares and in the home.
Interested applicants please send your resume to: Jobs@BilingualCareInc.com
* Make sure your resume entails any and all certifications.