Business Cost Analyst Job Description
Primary Location: Sylmar, CA
Organization: Aerospace BU
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the time internationally
About Our Client:
Our client is a $15 billion global manufacturing company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, our client helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, aerospace and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. They operate in more than 60 countries around the world and publicly traded in the New York Stock Exchange.
Responsible for preparing and analyzing all key process indicators, compilation of the required monthly reports and project management plans
- Provides analysis for Operations and R&T projects
- Develops and monitors business metrics to improve SBU profitability
- Monitors SBU cost savings projects/ Manages Cost Saving Process
- Manages Inventory Reduction Process
- Consolidates Monthly Ops Reports including Cost, Inventory Variances, Capital Expenditure, Budget vs. Actual and other ad hoc reports.
- Ensures consistent data is provided by all locations for Operations report
- Ensures universal SBU operational templates are used and data is consistent worldwide
- Interpret data and provide solutions and implementation tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Operations and R&T.
- Analyze R&T program spending and progress against project plans
- Follows up and prepares updates on key initiatives
- Develop and deliver presentations to provide regular updates to Operations, R&T and Senior Management
- Provides ad hoc business analysis reports to operations and R&T teams as required
- Reports to 3 global business leaders
- A Bachelor's degree in a business related subject is required. An MBA or CPA is desirable.
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant experience within the high tech, components manufacturing or aerospace or construction industry.
- Must have strong Cost Accounting experience/knowledge and Capital Expenditure experience preferably in a publicly held global organization.
- Strong experience in project management and excellent financial and business analysis skills.
- Must be highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint (Pivot-Table, V-Look Up, Macros).
- Must have strong communication skills including ability to make presentations to Senior Management.
Qualified applicants, please send resume in Word along with an addendum with Salary History and Reason for Looking/Leaving each job on resume to email@example.com.